News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 22, 2017, 12:58:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wording help for single guest evites?  (Read 2859 times)

Cali.in.UK

Wording help for single guest evites?
« on: December 11, 2015, 11:50:20 AM »
Hi everyone. I will be using my wedding website as an invitation and RSVP tool because my fiance and I have lived in multiple countries (he's not American) so paper invitations felt too difficult because our guests are so globally spread out. With our website there is an option for RSVP but we cannot set an option for "only you" or "you and one guest". There is an option for a small personal message to go with the website and I was wondering if ehell could help me with the wording for people that I'm inviting who will not be getting a plus one?

I've already had a few of my non-American friends ask for invites and/or invites for themselves and a friend so I think I need to be pretty clear in the message that they are not invited with a guest but I also do not want it to come across rudely. Any tips?

*It's a small venue and the people I'm inviting without a plus one will know others at the wedding.

Lynn2000

Re: Wording help for single guest evites?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 12:23:24 PM »
"Sue, we are really hoping you can attend! Please let us know so we can save you a seat."

If you fear that's too subtle, could your message mimic something that might be site-generated?

"This invitation is for one (1) person: Sue White."
"This invitation is for two (2) people: Betty Smith, Bob Smith."
"This invitation is for two (2) people: Carla Brown, Guest."
~Lynn2000

#borecore

• Extreme normcore
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 12:32:21 PM »
Maybe you need to use a different RSVP site?

My RSVP/wedding website allowed me to have a certain number of blanks tied to each email address (or maybe with each name from an invitation? something like that), so people could only RSVP for themselves and the number of people we wanted to allow to attend with them.

We used projectwedding.com.

PastryGoddess

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 04:32:21 PM »
Maybe you need to use a different RSVP site?

My RSVP/wedding website allowed me to have a certain number of blanks tied to each email address (or maybe with each name from an invitation? something like that), so people could only RSVP for themselves and the number of people we wanted to allow to attend with them.

We used projectwedding.com.

Yes, there are sites that allow you to restrict the number of people who can RSVP.  We had a thread in the last year or so about that.  I'll see if I can find it. 

LtPowers

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 09:07:37 PM »
Given the restrictions of your site, the only way I see to do this is to find an e-mail address for every single invitee -- including the spouses/fiances/significant others of your guests -- and make sure every single invitee gets an invitation. Some couples may not realize they both need to RSVP, though, so this is potentially problematic. I would strongly suggest an alternative site format.

Powers  &8^]

PastryGoddess

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 07:20:43 AM »
Here is the post.  Hope this helps. 

http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=138278.0

Another option not listed is RSVPify.com.  The free plan allows you up to 100 RSVP's.  https://rsvpify.com/plans/

You can limit which guests can have or bring a +1.  https://rsvpify.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201543904-Can-I-limit-which-guests-can-have-bring-a-1-

« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 07:27:32 AM by PastryGoddess »