News:

• February 18, 2018, 10:14:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I'm at a loss for Christmas  (Read 9997 times)

weeblewobble

Re: I'm at a loss for Christmas
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2016, 12:30:47 PM »
I'm facing the same dilemma (though, admittedly with fewer people) since our family is traveling over Christmas this year. I have to pack the presents (and a little tree, and decorations) in the suitcase. I would suggest Disney Gift cards, or if your family is doing the "magic band" bracelets, you can get little kits to decorate them. (Search for Magic Band Accessories on Etsy, Disney or Google.) In my case, DH was pretty easy. He's going to be changing jobs soon, so I got him a really nice pen, a business card holder and a moleskin notebook, all engraved with his name. For the kids it was harder, books, small toys and games they can play with on the long drive home, gift cards they can spend on site.

Pinterest has loads of ideas. Just search "travel gifts."

Zizi-K

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2016, 01:09:26 PM »
I didn't read through all of the replies, so someone may have suggested this, but what about doing a specially printed t-shirt for your trip? Something like "Smith Family Disney 2016" with some kind of cool logo. The kind of thing that if everyone wore it, you'd be identifiable as a group. It's a little cheesy, but if the graphics were done decently (and there are lots of pre-designed things, you don't have to do it yourself), it would be kind of a cool souvenir. It also probably wouldn't be that expensive per shirt.

artk2002

• The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2016, 10:16:51 AM »
I didn't read through all of the replies, so someone may have suggested this, but what about doing a specially printed t-shirt for your trip? Something like "Smith Family Disney 2016" with some kind of cool logo. The kind of thing that if everyone wore it, you'd be identifiable as a group. It's a little cheesy, but if the graphics were done decently (and there are lots of pre-designed things, you don't have to do it yourself), it would be kind of a cool souvenir. It also probably wouldn't be that expensive per shirt.

I agree. We go to Disneyland frequently and see a lot of shirts like this. Most are amusing/cool and a few are very cheesy. But in every case, they make a great souvenir. (They also make it easier to spot escaping little ones in the crowds!)
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.