News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 20, 2017, 08:54:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Buy a gift or are we good? They're married!  (Read 9500 times)

gramma dishes

Re: Buy a gift or are we good? They're married!
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2015, 08:53:20 PM »
Would I be considered a terrible person if I confessed that I'm actually quite surprised that it all went as well as it (apparently) did? 

To be honest, I was expecting quite a mash up event.  It sounds like it went pretty smoothly considering how devastatingly ugly it could have been.  I'm happy for them, but yet at the same time a bit (disturbingly!) disappointed.   >:D

sammycat

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2015, 09:05:20 PM »
Would I be considered a terrible person if I confessed that I'm actually quite surprised that it all went as well as it (apparently) did? 

To be honest, I was expecting quite a mash up event.  It sounds like it went pretty smoothly considering how devastatingly ugly it could have been.  I'm happy for them, but yet at the same time a bit (disturbingly!) disappointed.   >:D

Pod.  >:D

otterwoman

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2015, 09:10:50 PM »

Pod.    >:D

Heck, I'm disappointed also! Although, it's still early...  ;)

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2015, 11:46:32 PM »
Awww, I was hoping for a bun fight...

Mustard

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2016, 06:47:09 AM »
The happy couple obviously have some great friends who pulled together to make a success of what could have been a nightmare.  You should all be very proud of yourselves; I hope the bride and groom appreciate all the effort put in for them!

otterwoman

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2016, 10:34:31 AM »
Okay; final report from Dh: It went better than he expected. The only major fail was that the meatballs were not cooked through. He saw a lot of them in the trash, the lasagna was almost completely eaten. When he left the bride was passed out drunk at a table.

So, everyone behaved and they managed to pull it off.

Plus side; Dh had a lot of fun being the assistant DJ. The DJ is a friend who used to DJ professionally, but stopped when it wasn't fun anymore. The DJ also had fun working with Dh. Enough so, that he's starting to think about working again and asked Dh if he would like to work with him. They actually got asked to work a party later this year.

gramma dishes

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2016, 10:49:51 AM »

Plus side; Dh had a lot of fun being the assistant DJ. The DJ is a friend who used to DJ professionally, but stopped when it wasn't fun anymore. The DJ also had fun working with Dh. Enough so, that he's starting to think about working again and asked Dh if he would like to work with him. They actually got asked to work a party later this year.

Wow!  Who would have ever guessed that the Poorly Planned Wedding of the Year would result in an employment opportunity?   ;D

rose red

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2016, 04:59:35 PM »
Okay; final report from Dh: It went better than he expected. The only major fail was that the meatballs were not cooked through. He saw a lot of them in the trash, the lasagna was almost completely eaten. When he left the bride was passed out drunk at a table.

So, everyone behaved and they managed to pull it off.

Everyone? I don't think that word means what you think it means ;) >:D

Luci

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2016, 06:41:05 PM »
I thought maybe it was good that she passed out. At least she couldn't cause any real trouble!