News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 21, 2017, 08:13:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I felt the support of EHellions behind me  (Read 8395 times)

FoxPaws

Re: I felt the support of EHellions behind me
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2016, 05:12:20 PM »
Great update!

Kudos to Doe for taking responsibility for her needs. Hope y'all are having a wonderful, relaxing time.
I am so a lady. And if you say I'm not, I'll slug you. - Cindy Brady

VorFemme

• It's too darned hot! (song from Kiss Me, Kate)
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2016, 06:37:38 PM »
Perfect - a very good way to resolve the situation!
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I explain?

Chez Miriam

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2016, 09:45:34 AM »
Result!  Everyone is a winner - less wear & tear on the compact, Doe gets a comfortable ride, Syfygeek has a shiny spine.  ;D

I suspect Doe wouldn't have offered the use of her SUV if Syfygeek hadn't spoken up, but I'm actually quite impressed that Doe came up with ther 'counter-offer'.  Hope you all had a great time.
"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."  - Julian of Norwich

NFPwife

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2016, 09:55:11 AM »
Result!  Everyone is a winner - less wear & tear on the compact, Doe gets a comfortable ride, Syfygeek has a shiny spine.  ;D

I suspect Doe wouldn't have offered the use of her SUV if Syfygeek hadn't spoken up, but I'm actually quite impressed that Doe came up with ther 'counter-offer'.  Hope you all had a great time.

Agree! Great outcome!

mime

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2016, 10:10:06 AM »
Great update!

Isn't this how etiquette is supposed to work with reasonable adults? There can be conflict, but it can be resolved.

FauxFoodist

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2016, 04:53:34 PM »
I suspect Doe wouldn't have offered the use of her SUV if Syfygeek hadn't spoken up

I was thinking this also.  I think it's a great resolution, but it would've gone more smoothly had Doe simply offered her vehicle to begin with when indicating her issue with the smaller vehicle.  At that point, Syfygeek and BFF could've said, "Great as our SUV is not usable right now."

Alicia

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2016, 08:59:11 AM »
Spectacular shiny spine. Kudos