1) To be seated in a well-lit area so I can read the menus.
2) To be seated away from small children or things that attract them, like video games.
3) To be seated away from the kitchen.
4) To be seated close enough to buffets with hot food so I don't have to carry these items too far back to my seat, but not so close that people are on top of me.
5) To be seated away from really loud music or fans/ventilators.
6) Booths to tables unless the booths are curved or otherwise hard to get into or out of.
7) Not to be seated at small tables that can hold maybe two people if larger ones are available.
Not to be seated in high traffic areas of restaurants (outside of buffet situations).