News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 20, 2017, 07:03:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Should I leave them a housewarming gift?  (Read 2211 times)

Vall

Re: Should I leave them a housewarming gift?
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2016, 08:41:01 AM »
If we were to sell our home, I'd leave all manuals, maintenance records, and some local take out menus.  I'd also leave a list of the plants/bushes/trees in the yard detailing what cultivar they are and the year planted (I keep detailed records).  Two of our trees are odd varieties and we have hundreds of perennials and a few dozen bushes too.  I'm sure they'd want to change things but maybe they would want to know what's here first.

Hmmmmm

Re: Should I leave them a housewarming gift?
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2016, 09:47:01 AM »
I love the idea of the note, but agree on leaving out the Karma. For the gift, I would do something like a basket with a few bottles of water, some granola bars, and a box of cookies and maybe a half bottle of champagne. Moving is hot hungry work and it's nice to have a treat waiting there.

Most homes we've bought or sold we've left or received a packet of manuals, reliable repair services, warranty info. I've never thought of those as housewarming gifts though.