News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 23, 2017, 02:38:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brunch "Dessert to go" goodie bag  (Read 2322 times)

Hmmmmm

Brunch "Dessert to go" goodie bag
« on: July 11, 2016, 09:32:04 AM »
I'm co-hosting a brunch for a group of 25 women the day of a wedding. Because of timing, we've decided to do a brunch and two courses, shared appetizers upon arrival and then a main course. We'd like to do a "goodie box" of dessert to go. Right now we are thinking the following per box.

2 raspberry macaroons, chocolate pistachio brittle, 2 lemon tea cookies filled with lemon curd

We need to have things that can be made a couple of days prior and we need to be able to package them up to give out (versus a dessert table) since we'll be at a restaurant.

Does this mixture sound like enough variety? Any other ideas of "bite sized" desserts that can be made ahead?

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
Re: Brunch "Dessert to go" goodie bag
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 09:48:25 AM »
I like brownie bites made in mini muffin tins.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Another Sarah

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 11:15:36 AM »
That sounds lovely and more than enough

mandycorn

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 11:37:27 AM »
The chocolate-loving part of me agrees about the brownie bites, but realistically, I think what you're proposing sounds lovely and more than expected from a pre-wedding brunch, so no matter what you decide to do, it will be awesome.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln 

NFPwife

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 11:15:49 AM »
You plan sounds delicious and a higher level of hospitality than I would expect at a pre-wedding brunch. I think these will be a huge hit!

Hmmmmm

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 11:19:11 AM »

I had thought of those, but the recipe I use seems to get stale within a day. Do you have one that stays moist longer?

ladyknight1

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 11:38:08 AM »

I had thought of those, but the recipe I use seems to get stale within a day. Do you have one that stays moist longer?

I usually use the Ghirardelli brownie mix, but this recipe looks like they stay moist. http://chasingdelicious.com/fudgy-brownie-bites/
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 11:51:36 AM »
I think your idea sounds lovely. I don't think you need to add a thing, but if you really want to you could make it easy on yourself and put a couple of nice chocolates in each one (maybe Lindt truffles or individual Godiva candies?)

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

Chez Miriam

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 11:55:27 AM »
Are you doing formal eating later?  That sounds like a lot of sweet stuff, if there is going to be a dinner aftwards [worried about room for pudding there!].

Or maybe your items are smaller than I'm imagining...

Sounds a lovely combination, but if the brownie recipe would stay moist, you can never have too many brownies! ;)
"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."  - Julian of Norwich

Margo

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2016, 03:41:29 PM »
What will the guests be doing after the brunch? It sounds like a lovely idea but if they are going to be going on the wedding will they want to have a goodie bag to carry ?

I'd agree that what you are suggesting is more than enough already.

Hmmmmm

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2016, 03:50:28 PM »
The wedding is not until 7pm. Most attendees will either be going back home or to their hotel. We don't expect they'll eat all of the desserts and most will end up sharing with family.  The wedding party will be going to the ceremony location to start getting ready. We confirmed the site will have waters in the room for them. So we figure they'll snack on them during the afternoon.

I'm going to try the recipe link this weekend to see how long they'll stay fresh. Thanks for that.

Chez Miriam

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2016, 06:47:20 AM »
The wedding is not until 7pm. Most attendees will either be going back home or to their hotel. We don't expect they'll eat all of the desserts and most will end up sharing with family.  The wedding party will be going to the ceremony location to start getting ready. We confirmed the site will have waters in the room for them. So we figure they'll snack on them during the afternoon.

I'm going to try the recipe link this weekend to see how long they'll stay fresh. Thanks for that.

You will be posting your results, won't you?  For those of us currently too lazy busy to make brownies? ;)

I'm not currently allowed any added sugar, so I'm not trying any dessert recipes. :-\  But that doesn't mean I'm not saving ones to try when my dietary regime lightens up...
"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."  - Julian of Norwich

ladyknight1

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2016, 07:14:02 AM »
I will be making 5 dozen or more for the reception next month, so let me know too!
-J.R.R Tolkien