News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 20, 2017, 05:16:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Chasing down RSVPs  (Read 2855 times)

ClaireC79

Re: Chasing down RSVPs
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2016, 11:48:47 AM »
Facebook can be odd at times, they may not have received notification of the invite

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2016, 11:57:51 AM »
We had a flurry of RSVPs the last few days. I'm going to put together a postcard image with the link to the event to message or email as needed.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

EMuir

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2016, 02:02:45 PM »
About 20 out of 120 people didn't bother to RSVP to a birthday party I organized for a relative.  Some we called, if they were closer relationships. Some we just let go. One of the people who didn't bother responding at all, who we will probably never see again, called the day after the party to ask for advice on a job in our area. They said they were busy moving so didn't RSVP. The invitation was sent in March for a July event. There was an email address and a phone number for RSVP. Sigh.

Morticia

• Stepmonster's Travels
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2016, 10:38:20 AM »
Well, the party was last night, and a great time was had by all. Funny: we got one RSVP (negative) at 10:45, and another one after midnight (also negative).
Now our mom says she's changed her mind about the devil's brood, they may be evil so she thinks, but at least they're never rude...
                                        -- Big Rude Jake

My travel blog: http://www.stepmonster.ca