News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 21, 2017, 08:18:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Go to Effort to make vegetarian friendly meals for guests..  (Read 2044 times)

sparksals

Go to Effort to make vegetarian friendly meals for guests..
« on: August 06, 2016, 12:42:56 PM »
But everytime I do, they cancel last minute.

I learned here to make sure to have vegetarian options for vegetarian guests.  That is out of myh normal realm of cooking and entertaining.  Every.Single.Time, the vegetarian cancels last minute or doesn't show up.  I make it clear I will  have vegetarian options especially for them. 

Today, I am having a BBQ for 20 ppl  1 vegetarian is coming and I made 3 special dishes for them, altering them from how I would normally  make so they will have enough to eat.  Just got an email, sorry can't make it.  Bahhh ...

I officially will not be doing this anymore.  They know I go to the time and effort because I make sure they know there will be something for them to eat! I am done!  I don't know how they can think it is polite to do this when the host puts extra effort in for their sustenance.    Perhaps they think it isn't a big deal? 

FauxFoodist

Re: Go to Effort to make vegetarian friendly meals for guests..
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 01:07:11 PM »
But everytime I do, they cancel last minute.

I learned here to make sure to have vegetarian options for vegetarian guests.  That is out of myh normal realm of cooking and entertaining.  Every.Single.Time, the vegetarian cancels last minute or doesn't show up.  I make it clear I will  have vegetarian options especially for them. 

Today, I am having a BBQ for 20 ppl  1 vegetarian is coming and I made 3 special dishes for them, altering them from how I would normally  make so they will have enough to eat.  Just got an email, sorry can't make it.  Bahhh ...

I officially will not be doing this anymore.  They know I go to the time and effort because I make sure they know there will be something for them to eat! I am done!  I don't know how they can think it is polite to do this when the host puts extra effort in for their sustenance.    Perhaps they think it isn't a big deal?

I'd stop inviting that person.  If that's not possible, I'd stop altering recipes to accommodate that person.  You could always have dishes available that are already vegetarian that you'd serve anyway.

cass2591

• Global Moderator
Re: Go to Effort to make vegetarian friendly meals for guests..
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 01:14:28 PM »
OP, you know the rule about rants.

There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. ~ Mark Twain

Adopting a pet won't change the world, but it will change the world for that pet.

Sorry, this topic is locked. Only admins and moderators can reply.