News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 24, 2017, 06:33:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: question  (Read 1299 times)

Kermitthefrog99

question
« on: November 10, 2016, 06:26:52 PM »
Hello, so I am currently reading a thread and I noticed that some screen names that commented have the word guest under their names and I wondered what that means? does it mean they did not register on the forum so when they post on the forums the forum gives then a screenname to attach to their post?

Just wondering.

thank you for any replies.
Kermit

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
Re: question
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 09:56:26 PM »
Can you direct me to the thread or persons in question? 

Kermitthefrog99

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 10:08:49 PM »
Can you direct me to the thread or persons in question?

well the thread I am looking at is titled funeral how not to deliver bad news under etiquette hell classics section.
Kermit

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 07:19:59 PM »

The posters identified as "guest" are former members who were deleted from the member database a few years ago.   Every few years I purge the membership database of IDs that have not logged in to the forum in a long time.   So rather than having a bloated membership database of obsolete and abandoned IDs, I clean it up.    Any posts made by those individuals shows as having been posted by a "guest".