News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 20, 2017, 07:03:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 500 Server Error Updated p3  (Read 1178 times)

athersgeo

• No one told you when to run
500 Server Error Updated p3
« on: December 12, 2016, 08:11:49 AM »
I've noticed that I'm starting to get the occasional 500 server errors again. It's not happening any any particular time of day and it's not happening terribly frequently, but it does seem to be happening more often (I've seen two so far today - one earlier this morning, one about five minutes ago).

Anyone else seeing them again?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 06:12:04 AM by athersgeo »

Harriet Jones

• Yes, we know who you are.
Re: 500 Server Error
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 09:43:30 AM »
I've been seeing them off & on for a little while, too.

#borecore

• Extreme normcore
Re: 500 Server Error
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 10:15:35 AM »
Yes. They seem to go when I reload. But they're back

athersgeo

• No one told you when to run
Re: 500 Server Error Updated p3
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 06:15:19 AM »
Annnnnd now the site's been down completely for (roughly) a couple of hours. I was able to access it fine until about 10am GMT, but between then and now, access has been slow or non-existant (and that applied equally to the blog and to the forum - the error I was getting sounded like either the whole server was down, or there was an issue with the site's DNS)

Clearly, the server gremlins have already gotten into the eggnog!

Hope it's nothing too serious.

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 06:53:11 AM »
I was doing some forum maintenance yesterday morning that was eating up the server time. It was taking too long so I aborted it.   I'll reschedule maintenance for this weekend and then we'll see whether that makes a difference. 

Annnnnd now the site's been down completely for (roughly) a couple of hours. I was able to access it fine until about 10am GMT, but between then and now, access has been slow or non-existant (and that applied equally to the blog and to the forum - the error I was getting sounded like either the whole server was down, or there was an issue with the site's DNS)

Clearly, the server gremlins have already gotten into the eggnog!

Hope it's nothing too serious.

o_gal

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 06:18:32 AM »
I think the problem is happening again. I've seen it happen about 3 or 4 times now since Jan 1, all between the 7:00am and 8:00am hours. Usually it's around 7:15 - just had one when trying to open the Beggars, Moochers, and Scammers thread. But it's temporary - you just have to wait a little bit (I count to 10) and it's "fixed".