News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• June 24, 2017, 09:17:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: You're going to get fat if you eat that!  (Read 6233 times)

Moonie

Re: You're going to get fat if you eat that!
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2017, 11:30:57 AM »
You all are better than me because evil Moonie would have looked in her basket and said something like:
1. I hear that if you buy xxxx, it will make you rude.
2. I hear that if you eat xxx, it will make you stupid.

This is why evil Moonie is not allowed to go out in public.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2017, 11:41:21 AM »
The absolute worst eaters that I know of have been on some plan or other (both with Fast in the name), and then were frustrated when they never lost weight or made their chronic metabolic related illness worst.

I only offer opinions if someone asks what I'm doing, or notices my progress and asks.

Otherwise, I consider them grown adults and only intercede if a medical event occurs in my presence.
“All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Team HoundMom

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2017, 03:25:49 PM »
I've been the "food police" before.  When I visited my parents I'd bring them each a Timmies hot chocolate.  But then I read the ingredients and decided that I didn't want to feed my parents a chemical (poop)storm anymore so one day I didn't bring anything.  Well my stepdad actually got upset - "Some of us LIKE the chemicals!!" - so from now on I bring hot chocolate, but from a different café where it doesn't come out of a machine. 

NFPwife

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2017, 03:52:50 PM »
The absolute worst eaters that I know of have been on some plan or other (both with Fast in the name), and then were frustrated when they never lost weight or made their chronic metabolic related illness worst.

I only offer opinions if someone asks what I'm doing, or notices my progress and asks.

Otherwise, I consider them grown adults and only intercede if a medical event occurs in my presence.

I might be sliding into threadacking territory here, but I've noticed that even when people ask they frequently have something negative to say about it. For instance, if you're doing low carb / high protein then they have tons of opinions on why that's bad. Or vice versa for low fat/ high carb. I recently added something new to my regimen and lost about 7 pounds, which looks like more on a short person, and I'm already getting weary of the responses of those who've questioned what I'm doing differently.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2017, 04:50:47 PM »

I might be sliding into threadacking territory here, but I've noticed that even when people ask they frequently have something negative to say about it. For instance, if you're doing low carb / high protein then they have tons of opinions on why that's bad. Or vice versa for low fat/ high carb. I recently added something new to my regimen and lost about 7 pounds, which looks like more on a short person, and I'm already getting weary of the responses of those who've questioned what I'm doing differently.

My usual reply is "watching what I eat" or "cutting out junk food". If the conversation continues and the person honestly wants to know, though, I get more detailed.
“All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

NFPwife

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2017, 06:13:41 PM »
I start with, "I made a couple tweaks," and try to move along. If the person pushes or asks more, I give the details. Then, they declare them unreasonable, unhealthy, etc.