News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• June 28, 2017, 11:24:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Etiquette of hosting world leaders?  (Read 1178 times)

checkitnice

Etiquette of hosting world leaders?
« on: February 18, 2017, 03:37:21 PM »
I'm going to preface this by saying I don't care which way any of you are leaning politically.

That being said ... what are the possible etiquette pitfalls of hosting world leaders at Mar-a-Lago? Sure, it's owned by the President. But it's also open to hundreds of other people. When the Japanese Prime Minister was there, they ate in the dining area with other guests and there was even a wedding being hosted at the same location. (If that was my wedding, I don't know how I would feel about that part either.)

Any thoughts?

cass2591

• Global Moderator
Re: Etiquette of hosting world leaders?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 05:25:20 PM »
Yes. My thoughts are this is totally inappropriate for this forum. Please review the rules where it says no political discussions.
There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. ~ Mark Twain

Adopting a pet won't change the world, but it will change the world for that pet.

Sorry, this topic is locked. Only admins and moderators can reply.