News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• October 18, 2017, 04:39:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 50th Anniversary party at Country Club for Hubby's Aunt and Uncle  (Read 2081 times)

Vedderluv

What to wear? I work in the medical field and mostly at funeral home so has you can guess most of my dress clothes are very subdued are mostly all black. I do still love my fancy dress heels and such. It is an evening reception. Would dressy black and pearls be okay? Hubby will wear the ONE suit he owns.

gramma dishes

Re: 50th Anniversary party at Country Club for Hubby's Aunt and Uncle
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 04:33:44 PM »
I am pretty much of the impression that dressy black and heels are never NOT okay!   :)

VorFemme

• It's too darned hot! (song from Kiss Me, Kate)
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 05:01:50 PM »
Maybe a metallic shawl, if it's cooler in the evening?  I've never seen a pearl shawl...I'm not sure how warm or comfortable it would be, if you did find one.

eta - I saw a dark pewter shaded one that might work as a touch of lace over black - but I'm not sure how warm it might be.  The only shawl I have is black lace and is more decorative than warm...although it did come in handy to cover my shoulders in a strappy dress.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 05:28:46 PM by VorFemme »
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I explain?

rose red

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 05:16:12 PM »
Dressy black with pearl jewelry is classic. Can't go wrong with the basics.

#borecore

• Extreme normcore
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 05:21:38 PM »
Your idea sounds great.

I think a metallic shawl sounds like something that could draw attention by coming across as costumey, so I wouldn't advise that.

Good shoes or some elegant earrings can be all you need to upgrade a work-appropriate dress to a party-ready look.

Vedderluv

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 09:25:00 PM »
Thank you fine folks so much. It has been so long since I have been to a party or any other function other than medical manager or Funeral Home Assistant. Was also in banking forever so my wardrobe reflects that. I have never been a colorful/floral type of gal so you guys have made me feel secure in the basics with some classic pearls and understated attire. Thank you all again!!

LondonAngel

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 02:26:40 PM »
what you intend to wear sounds lovely, classy but not too ott. i wear jeans and hoodies most of the time, so anytime i wear a dress is glam for me.

Hmmmmm

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 04:34:03 PM »
I think dressy black in pearls sound super appropriate for an evening event at the club. Have a great time.