News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 23, 2017, 04:33:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Website opening an app  (Read 500 times)

SpottedPony

Website opening an app
« on: March 26, 2017, 06:31:43 AM »
For the past several days I've been getting a popup message that has become very annoying.  It comes up on every link and has to be canceled several times before I can read the message and go to the next page of the thread or go back to main page.  It goes like this;

Internet Explorer

Do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer?

Allow  Cancel

I am not interested in having an unknown app open on my computer and I am tired of having to cancel it several times.  Is there any way of getting rid of it altogether or at least getting it to accept cancel the first time and not asking again and again and again?

Thanks.

Spotted Pony

Harriet Jones

• Yes, we know who you are.
Re: Website opening an app
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 07:57:24 AM »
It might be associated with an ad.  Knowing which app is trying to open and the ad that's showing would help Ehelldame.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 07:59:26 AM by Harriet Jones »

maksi

Re: Website opening an app
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 08:18:13 AM »
It seems to be a problem with Internet Explorer, have you tried using another browser?

Otherwise here are instructions on how to get a rid of it, hope these work.