News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 20, 2017, 08:53:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What is typical attire for father of the groom in the US?  (Read 2907 times)

#borecore

• Extreme normcore
Re: What is typical attire for father of the groom in the US?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2017, 06:28:14 AM »
It depends entirely on the wedding. My FIL wore a colored dress shirt, slacks and tie. If he'd asked, I would have suggested a suit, but he was hardly alone at our very hot wedding. I think only my grandfather and the groom bothered with jackets, maybe a friend or two.

oogyda

Re: What is typical attire for father of the groom in the US?
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2017, 06:33:29 PM »
While it's been more than a decade since my DDs were married.   

For wedding #1 FOG had the choice of a tux, a suit or Navy dinner dress blues.  He chose to wear a tux that matched the rest of the groom's wedding party.  FOB was requested to wear the dinner dress blues.  The level of formality is the same. 

For wedding #2, the FOG was in attendance, but most definitely not considered part of the wedding party.  Odd history there. He wore a appreciate and turtleneck.  FOB was told he could wear "whatever" and chose to wear his tux.  Not necessarily matching the groomsmen, but matching there level of formality.
It's not what we gather along the way that matters.  It's what we scatter.