News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• July 20, 2017, 02:05:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How Fast Should An Online Seller Ship? Should Excess Delay Void A Sale? Update  (Read 2929 times)

VorFemme

• It's too darned hot! (song from Kiss Me, Kate)
I had one some twelve years ago (we were living in another state) that the seller kept insisting that I give the post office another day or two, as she *knew* she'd taken it to the post office in a batch of several packages.

After an extra week or so, she went out and checked her car....it was packed in a tube...and had rolled under the back seat.  She'd mailed 11 of 12 packages - so my item got shipped out over two weeks later.  I am no longer buying that whole category of item, as I learned that I was buying stuff to do but never doing it (make doll dresses or assemble porcelain dolls - great idea - not something that I actually sat down to do).

I'm still thinking about this one..."sleeping on it" was a mistake - I had bad dreams all night.

Edited to add - the bad dreams in question had nothing to do with shopping, eBay, writing (of any kind), or anything that I could interpret as relating to this situation at all.   
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 08:40:11 PM by VorFemme »
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I explain?

Harriet Jones

• Yes, we know who you are.
Why is this taking up so much headspace?    Leave feedback, or don't.  If it stresses  you out too much to leave neg/neutral, leave positive feedback, but make sure to note that there was a significant delay in shipping.

VorFemme

• It's too darned hot! (song from Kiss Me, Kate)
I've about come to the decision that I may end up not leaving any feedback  or I may wait a while to see how I really feel about this in a couple of weeks.

Due to some medical issues of my own that are still being sorted out by the doctor, I've come to the conclusion that I am just extra cranky right now and I need to see how I feel once things have been dealt with.

So - one more Coke and then I'm going to see how I feel in August about that feedback writing thing...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 08:43:02 PM by VorFemme »
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I explain?

cross_patch

Why is this taking up so much headspace?    Leave feedback, or don't.  If it stresses  you out too much to leave neg/neutral, leave positive feedback, but make sure to note that there was a significant delay in shipping.

Yes, absolutely. You're having bad dreams about whether to leave feedback on an eBay seller? After you got the item, a few days later than you expected *and* they told you they had a family emergency? That's a totally disproportionate reaction. Don't give any feedback. Just leave it.

Sorry, this topic is locked. Only admins and moderators can reply.