News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 24, 2017, 04:46:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "Please consider this job...."  (Read 5589 times)

mime

Re: "Please consider this job...."
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2017, 09:32:07 AM »
I don't think I'd mention the conversation with your doctor either; it's none of your Stepmom's beeswax what you discuss with her.  You've thanked her for the info. and thought about it, but it's still a 'no'.

I agree with Mustard on not talking about the doctor's advice, and I'm glad you didn't respond. I think it would invite further discussion.

Good luck on the interview!

Waterlight

Re: "Please consider this job...."
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2017, 11:53:35 AM »
I would not reply at all to stepmom...you have already done so. To do further would be to JADE. You do not need to justify your choices. It is your life.
If she says anything, then you say "I already told you I was not interested. If you see anything in Metropolis send it along." 

This is assuming that you are not dependent on her or your father for financial assistance.

Just an update:  The interview for the part-time permanent job has been postponed to after the start of 2018 because of budget cuts at the nonprofit.  So I'm still temping.  My current assignment, which started back in May, has been extended to the end of October and quite possibly longer.  My stepmom hasn't brought up moving back or anything job-related again.

And no, I'm not dependent on her for financial assistance. (My dad died in 2004.) Nor would I be unless it was a really dire emergency.  My job situation may not be as stable as she'd like--but I'm making enough through my temp work to pay all my bills, and I even have some money for extras like brunch out with friends or a concert once in a while!
“The best lightning rod for your protection is your own spine.”--Ralph Waldo Emerson