News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 21, 2017, 02:37:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Something Borrowed, Something Corporate  (Read 2017 times)

lmyrs

Something Borrowed, Something Corporate
« on: September 15, 2017, 02:25:36 PM »
Saskatchewan couple seeks sponsorships to pay for nuptials
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/something-borrowed-something-corporate-moose-jaw-couple-seeks-1.4291063

The comments at least are pretty great. Also, this final line in the story:

The couple is slated to clinch its merger on Nov. 25
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 02:47:44 PM by lmyrs »

LadyBe205

Re: Something Borrowed, Something Corporate
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 02:42:29 PM »
Love this response:

"Are they accepting sponsorship for the divorce yet?"

gramma dishes

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 02:54:58 PM »
Isn't that kind of what Star Jones (of The View) did several years ago?  Although she did get some corporate cooperation and financial sponsoring, it didn't go over well at all with her audience members as I recall. 

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 03:14:14 PM »
I am dying to know where he has seen these logos on wedding dresses?  Surely he means tennis/golf wear?   

"Our story is about courage, hope, bravery and not giving up and moving forward to the next chapter as a team together," he said.

courage - to ask someone else to pay for our dreams,
bravery - to have the nerve to ask for it,
not giving up - because they plan to have their dream wedding with your help and moving forward as a team of entitled brats to get their way

He has no job, I'll bet this would be a lot easier on them if he got one!

The comments are hysterical.   

gellchom

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 03:29:31 PM »
Yeah, I too want to see a picture of a bridal gown with a logo on it.  I'm picturing "STP."

Really breathtaking.  The bride's comments about how lovely it all is almost made me gag.

What is wrong with these two?  Never mind how crass this is (and at least they aren't asking their guests to be sponsors), where are their brains?  If money really is a problem, why would they want to spend any they could get for wedding indulgences and extravagances like spa treatments and red carpets instead of necessities?

Do you think there will be any takers?

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 03:35:03 PM »
there will be plenty of takers, "there's a sucker born every minute"

and don't be surprised if there are lawsuits later over what was promised and what was delivered, for every good person trying to help there will be 10 more trying to make a buck and capitalize on this new phenom of malarkey

LemonZen

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 04:03:25 PM »
The amount of entitlement from these two, they seem to think people will be just lining up for the privilege of handing money over to them:

"When a band or product service or company makes a donation and gives to us, it's an association that is made with a happy, positively emotionally charged moment," said Winter Hansen. "And the result is always a long-lasting and double-fold reciprocal return. "The power of giving always moves everyone towards greatness and making the impossible possible."

??? ::) :o What on earth do they think these companies are going to get out of this that would be a "double-fold reciprocal return"??

And if the power of giving is that wonderful, the power of mooching must be even more so  >:D ???

lakey

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 04:37:18 PM »
The most bothersome thing about this is their lack of embarrassment or shame.

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2017, 05:23:41 PM »
The amount of entitlement from these two, they seem to think people will be just lining up for the privilege of handing money over to them:

"When a band or product service or company makes a donation and gives to us, it's an association that is made with a happy, positively emotionally charged moment," said Winter Hansen. "And the result is always a long-lasting and double-fold reciprocal return. "The power of giving always moves everyone towards greatness and making the impossible possible."

??? ::) :o What on earth do they think these companies are going to get out of this that would be a "double-fold reciprocal return"??

And if the power of giving is that wonderful, the power of mooching must be even more so  >:D ???

The power of mooching...yes, the power of entitlement it must give.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2017, 05:48:35 PM »
Also is anyone else bothered by their website: help us celebrate the first chapter to our love story."  Uhhhhhh. Pretty sure that first chapter was started when you saw and started a relationship. The first chapter does not begin at the wedding!

gramma dishes

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2017, 06:46:57 PM »
My favorite comment was "Isn't it great that we can all put our differences aside and collectively dislike this couple?"    ;D

TeamBhakta

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2017, 07:56:31 PM »
Isn't that kind of what Star Jones (of The View) did several years ago?  Although she did get some corporate cooperation and financial sponsoring, it didn't go over well at all with her audience members as I recall.

Yes, it was a favorite topic of snark on my celebrity gossip boards  >:D

*This comment is interesting: "He said he lost his job, but in a link in another comment it says he quit his job to go on a charity run, which he also wanted sponsorship for."
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 08:34:28 PM by TeamBhakta »

mime

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2017, 10:10:15 AM »
The most bothersome thing about this is their lack of embarrassment or shame.

Yes. This.

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2017, 10:43:49 AM »
Another couple feeling entitled to something they cannot afford...

TracyXJ

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2017, 11:50:08 AM »
Yeah, I too want to see a picture of a bridal gown with a logo on it.  I'm picturing "STP."

Really breathtaking.  The bride's comments about how lovely it all is almost made me gag.

What is wrong with these two?  Never mind how crass this is (and at least they aren't asking their guests to be sponsors), where are their brains?  If money really is a problem, why would they want to spend any they could get for wedding indulgences and extravagances like spa treatments and red carpets instead of necessities?

Do you think there will be any takers?

And I'm picturing the dress having a pleat or a picture taken at the wrong angle so it looks like it says "STD."   :D