News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 22, 2017, 08:21:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: S/O DD and "Cammie": A not surprising update  (Read 1975 times)

guihong

S/O DD and "Cammie": A not surprising update
« on: October 04, 2017, 11:14:59 PM »
Hi, all:

Last year at this time, I had two long threads about DD and her friend "Cammie".  To make a long story short, Cammie came to stay at our house for a couple of months, became very entitled and a huge disruption, and I kicked her out.  The second thread was about a bus ticket Cammie tried to get us to buy for her; that was a no-go.  We have not had any contact with her this year.

I'm sure it won't surprise you at all when I say that Cammie never did go to North Carolina but remained right here in my city.  She still works at the same clothing store she started with when she was here.  She has moved into-and been kicked out of-at least two homes (and probably more) where she was staying with friends, since she left us.  The most recent kick-out was just tonight  :o.  The story is about the same; a lot of drama or fomenting fights within the family she stays with.  I wiffle-waffled back then, true, but I'm glad to know I did the right thing (and so did DD)!

The reason DD has heard of this is that in this smallish city, there is some overlap of their friend circles.  DD says it was worth it, because she polished her titanium spine and doesn't let anyone walk over her or mistreat her in any way.  It was a growing experience.

eltf177

Re: S/O DD and "Cammie": A not surprising update
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 05:15:45 AM »
I remember that thread, and I am not in the least surprised Cammie lied from beginning to end.

I just hope she doesn't get desperate enough to come crawling back to you and your daughter, her obnoxiousness seems to make this likely as she's fast running out of friends victims...

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 07:18:11 AM »
Thank you for posting an update. I hope, for Cammie's own sake, that she learns that lying won't help her succeed in life.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

mime

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 09:54:23 AM »
Thanks for the update! We don't always get to hear follow-ups around here.

I know I would really be feeling validated for kicking out Cammie, after hearing that others had done the same. It is even possible that other 'hosts' were able to reach the same decision more easily after knowing that they weren't the only one, since you had done it before them.

rose red

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 10:10:25 AM »
At least Cammie won't be able to trash talk about you all over town since now there is "safety in numbers" with more than one family experiencing the same thing.

There have been so many stories about the victim sounding like the bad guy and friends/community turning their backs, until everyone else experienced it for themselves and end up apologizing to the first ever victim.

gramma dishes

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 11:28:46 AM »
Your and your family's actions have been validated and validated and validated.   ;D

CrazyDaffodilLady

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 11:55:27 AM »
User/losers definitely do try to recycle their victims.  I recently had one return after nine years!  When he was 19, I took him in out of kindness, and he treated me badly.  Nine years later, he turns up with a girlfriend and a baby, obviously expecting that he could manipulate me into letting them live here (and pay all their living expenses).   
It takes two people to play tug of war. If you don't want to play, don't pick up the rope.

rain

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 01:15:56 PM »
Am I bad that I'd like details of what she's been up to
In search of a tag line

Chez Miriam

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 08:52:56 AM »
I bet it feels an enormous relief, looking back on your posts from that time and knowing that both you and your daughter escaped lightly compared to if you hadn't given Cammie her marching orders. ;D

Hope those spines remain shiny if she tries this:
User/losers definitely do try to recycle their victims.  I recently had one return after nine years!  When he was 19, I took him in out of kindness, and he treated me badly.  Nine years later, he turns up with a girlfriend and a baby, obviously expecting that he could manipulate me into letting them live here (and pay all their living expenses).   
:o
"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."  - Julian of Norwich

eltf177

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2017, 11:31:40 AM »

This has to reach a new level of entitlement... :o

LifeOnPluto

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2017, 12:03:31 AM »
Good to have an update!

Part of me does feel a bit sorry for Cammie though - if I recall the original posts, she was only 18 and it didn't sound like she had a particularly safe or stable upbringing, or a close and loving family of origin.

That said, I don't blame you (or the other families) for kicking her out, given her behaviour.