News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 25, 2017, 05:22:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bridezilla demands picture perfect guests only  (Read 1252 times)

Redneck Gravy

Bridezilla demands picture perfect guests only
« on: October 09, 2017, 11:44:17 AM »
http://www.uexpress.com/dearabby/2017/10/7/brides-outrageous-demands-alienate-her-fiances

I was surprised to see that no one had posted this one yet.  The bridezilla has demanded glasses wearers switch to contacts, dental work be performed before the wedding and no crutches allowed.

Mercy me... this fits the term bridezilla perfectly. 

TeamBhakta

Re: Bridezilla demands picture perfect guests only
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 12:09:49 PM »
I would politely decline to attend the wedding (and quietly convince other close family members to do the same). Then I would act passive aggressive by posting a picture on the wedding day of all the "imperfect" people having a fun luncheon together  >:D This is why I'll never get invited to lunch with Miss Manners or the Queen of England.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 12:11:22 PM by TeamBhakta »

Mustard

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 12:22:06 PM »
I would politely decline to attend the wedding (and quietly convince other close family members to do the same). Then I would act passive aggressive by posting a picture on the wedding day of all the "imperfect" people having a fun luncheon together  >:D This is why I'll never get invited to lunch with Miss Manners or the Queen of England.

The Queen wears glasses, so would be attending your 'Imperfect People' lunch too!

mime

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 01:01:00 PM »
I can't imagine being this LW and learning that my brother's fiancé was insisting that my father get dental work for her wedding pictures. I also can't imagine that my father or mother would go along, or that my brother wouldn't have walked long before that.

I wonder how picture-perfect the wedding day can be if the entire groom's family is missing? I suppose this type of bride hardly worries about someone else's family though.

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 01:08:27 PM »
I can't imagine being this LW and learning that my brother's fiancé was insisting that my father get dental work for her wedding pictures. I also can't imagine that my father or mother would go along, or that my brother wouldn't have walked long before that.

I wonder how picture-perfect the wedding day can be if the entire groom's family is missing? I suppose this type of bride hardly worries about someone else's family though.

Exactly what you said. 

I would hold an intervention for my brother before this wedding took place.  (My older brother actually ended an engagement over this type of bridezilla behavior, after the wedding invitations had been sent out, big ugly mess.  I had forgotten until your post)

When I read it the first time I thought she must be a choreographer (or wannabe) of some type?  I mean really, who does this.  Movie directors? 

pattycake

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 02:21:01 PM »
This is a difficult one because there is also a child already. She mentions her niece and possibly affecting that relationship. I think the fiancé should tell her that they are his folks, they are the way they are, including the problem about the crutches, and that's it, like it or lump it. Probably they can find a way for the LW to stand for pictures without her crutches, but she still has to get down the aisle with them! Wish we could get updates on these!

Oh Joy

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 02:27:54 PM »
I wonder what dynamics allowed the BTB to have "made" her future FIL get dental work unless he was willing.

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 02:58:20 PM »
The bride sounds terrible.

And so does the dad in the second letter. I disagree with Abby's advice, demanding daughter sit through this won't improve anything in their relationship. It will only make her resent her father's attitude even more.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 03:20:26 PM »
The bride sounds terrible.

And so does the dad in the second letter. I disagree with Abby's advice, demanding daughter sit through this won't improve anything in their relationship. It will only make her resent her father's attitude even more.

I agree with you.  And the line about the mother being able to leave the room if it gets too heated...what about the daughter?  Does she get to leave also?

Dad sounds like an obnoxious hindend.  My DD's and I disagree about politics, I would never insist they come for a political discussion and be forced to listen to my rants ideas.  Fortunately, we can agree to disagree on subjects, respect each others opinions and go on about our lives.  Dad is NOT going to improve anything. 

Speculating, I wonder if he thinks he has the "right" to lecture her since he might be paying for her education.  And by George, she MUST listen (and should agree with him-according to him).

There is respectfully listening to an opinion and walking off from a tyrant's rant.   

goldilocks

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 06:38:24 PM »
About the bride - I don't think the problem is so much with her demands - but the fact that people are willing to go along with it!!!  Is the groom and his family a bunch of cream puffs?

if they go along with this "for the sake of the child", there is no end to the hostage negotiations.   I'm speaking from experience - I'm no longer allowed to see my nephew because I refused to finance his fathers drug habit.   yes, it hurts, but that story would have never had a happy ending - it's just a matter of time.