• March 23, 2018, 06:39:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Who did you tell about your pregnancy & when?  (Read 6490 times)

• YOU'RE.. MAKING.. ME.. BEAT.. UP.. GRASS! - Rocket
Re: Who did you tell about your pregnancy & when?
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2018, 11:52:41 PM »
Congratulations, hope things continue to go well!

Re: Who did you tell about your pregnancy & when?
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2018, 02:13:17 PM »
When I was pregnant with our daughter, the first person I told (after DH) was my cousin because she had brought over a test the night before. She came early for HER baby shower, handed me the test and said, "I love you so much, I'm hoping our children will be close also." (I'd told her that I might be.)

The second person we told was our son. We almost had to tell him because I was so sick and was not doing a great job of taking care of him. (Think: I went from cooking breakfast every morning to he got a bowl of cereal placed on his little table with a plate on top, he had to take the plate off, get his own spoon and had to get his own child size pitcher of milk out of the refrigerator and pour it himself. He was four and capable of that, but I worried that he would think that I didn't love him any more as  everything he wanted/needed, I'd tell him to wait until I got up to go to the bathroom.) As soon as we told him, my all day long morning sickness left, never to be seen again.

I let our son tell my mother and sisters. We were at a swap meet together in the fall and I told him that he could tell grandma our big news. He turns to my mother and announces, "I'm going to be a big brother!"

My mother smiled, no other reaction, and says, "So when do you think that might happen?"

He looks at me, I whispered to him, "The end of March."

My mother says, "Wait! You're already pregnant?!"

Now she's totally excited. I said, "Why would I tell him about being a brother unless I knew for sure?"

She said, "Well, to get him ready."

This from the woman who told her other children the day before she put on maternity clothes, when she knew we'd be able to figure it out.