News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 23, 2018, 02:17:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silencing a co-worker's phone  (Read 7109 times)

Roodabega

Re: Silencing a co-worker's phone
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2018, 11:49:08 AM »
My wife is diabetic so I generally have my phone out in case someone needs to contact me.  The embarrassment from forgetting to change from car volume (full) to "lowest setting available just above vibrate only" in the office is immense the few times I got a call on the phone with it set to loud.  If someone turned down the volume or put it in a drawer because I left my cube I would be OK as long as I could find the phone. 

I haven't touched anyone else's phone yet, but I have fantasized about phone being introduced to hammer.   I did let them know when they got back.  If it was happening frequently during the day, I probably would put it in a drawer and leave a note and probably also say something.   Numerous occasions would likely get a mention to the boss.

mlmama

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2018, 01:00:39 PM »
My brother sits close to me at work, and I've silenced his phone a few times. We work at a junkyard, so his inappropriate ringtone isn't that bad. It's the volume and frequency that gets me. I'll step over to his desk and silence it. LOL He just comes in and says, "Was it getting on your nerves?"  ;D

rashea

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2018, 01:15:08 PM »
My wife is diabetic so I generally have my phone out in case someone needs to contact me.  The embarrassment from forgetting to change from car volume (full) to "lowest setting available just above vibrate only" in the office is immense the few times I got a call on the phone with it set to loud.  If someone turned down the volume or put it in a drawer because I left my cube I would be OK as long as I could find the phone. 

If you are willing to leave the GPS on, I can set my phone to change the volume automatically based on location. That means it never goes off loudly at work.
"Manners change, principles don't. It's about treating people with consideration, respect and honesty." Peter Post

Vermont

kckgirl

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2018, 05:24:22 PM »
If you are willing to leave the GPS on, I can set my phone to change the volume automatically based on location. That means it never goes off loudly at work.

I've never heard of that. I am retired, but have a terrible time remembering to silence my phone when I really should, like at church or meetings. Time to check Google to see if my phone will do this.