General Etiquette > Etiquette Hell Classics

Funeral: How Not To Deliver Bad News !!!!!!!!!!!

<< < (2/33) > >>

Just Lori:
I don't care if doctors deal with dying patients seven days a week.  Most families only have to get this dreaded phone call a few times in their lives, and deserve to be treated with compassion.  If a doctor or health care professional can't do that, then he or she needs to step aside and give the task to someone who can.

Shortcake:

--- Quote from: Just Lori on September 17, 2007, 09:26:09 AM ---I don't care if doctors deal with dying patients seven days a week.  Most families only have to get this dreaded phone call a few times in their lives, and deserve to be treated with compassion.  If a doctor or health care professional can't do that, then he or she needs to step aside and give the task to someone who can.

--- End quote ---

Well said! ITA!

aeeden:
I had only been living with my roommate for a few weeks when her dad called...
"is S home?" 
I say "nope, she's at work, she'll be home 'bout 9"
he says "oh you must be aeeden!, I have heard a lot about you, how nice...so S won't be home untill 9, huh? well would you give her a message then."
me-"Sure"
him "ok, just tell her, her sister died today. thanks."
me- "huh? oh..uhh ok"  ??? i had no idea what to do, say or how to react. I have a sister, I would be beyond devastated if this were me. I didn't know S's work number so i called one of her friends, she called S at work and told her. turns out it was a step-sister that S had only met once before and didn't really know, she was upset for her step-mom of course, and went home to her dad's house, but still.  so please people, don't leave messages like this with the roommate or on the answering machine

Mom2Brett:
I rarely comment but I felt compelled to on this post. 

When my son died I was holding him in my arms, when the moniters read zero to everything the doctor on duty came in, listened to his heart, said "Finally, he's gone"  I almost died right there.  I started yelling and crying "how dare you say finally, Sweet monkey fritters! do you mean?"  I was so upset I almost needed a shot to calm down. 

That's heartless :'(

Alida:

--- Quote from: Mom2Brett on September 17, 2007, 02:48:12 PM ---I rarely comment but I felt compelled to on this post. 

When my son died I was holding him in my arms, when the moniters read zero to everything the doctor on duty came in, listened to his heart, said "Finally, he's gone"  I almost died right there.  I started yelling and crying "how dare you say finally, Sweet monkey fritters! do you mean?"  I was so upset I almost needed a shot to calm down. 

That's heartless :'(

--- End quote ---

Oh, Mom2Brett, that's horrible.  HUGS

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version