1/2 l water or milk (you can also use butter milk)
50 g fresh yeast
1 1/2-2 tsp salt
2-4 tbsp syrup (or sugar, or honey)
4 dl rye flour
ca. 10 dl graham and all purpose four (or substitute a part of it with oats)
50 g butter or oil (I use olive oil)
4 dl grated carrots
1. Dissolve yeast in luke warm water (or milk/butter milk/other liquid).
2. Mix in enough flour to make a runny gruel. Let stand for ca. 15 minutes, until it starts bubbling.
3. Add spices and carrots.
4. Mix in the rest of the flour
5. Add melted butter/oil when the dough is almost done.
6. Let the dough rest for about 30 minutes, until it is ca. twice the original size.
7. Form ca. 20 rolls.
8. Let the rolls rest 10 - 15 minutes
9. Bake at 225 °C for ca 10 -15 minutes.