Hostesses With The Mostest > Recipe Requests

Casseroles

(1/3) > >>

Clara Bow:
I need some new casserole recipes, can I bother all of you for some of your favorites? Thanks in advance!

ehellion:
I just did a yummy one last night:

1lb ground beef
1 cup diced onion
1 cup or 1 can (drained) mixed vegetables
garlic salt to taste
1 can cream of chicken, celery or cream of (whatever) soup you like
2/3 cup soup can filled with milk
1/2 package frozen tater tots

Preheat oven to 375. Brown beef and onion in pan. Salt lightly with garlic salt. Spread in 9x9 pan and add veggies, soup and milk. Mix well. Place tater tots in single layer. Bake for about 45-60 minutes. I like to sprinkle grated mozarella cheese over it before I serve. Yum! You can also do another tater tot casserole with pork n beans and hot dogs. Add 2 cans or 1 large can of pork n beans, 1 small can tomato sauce and some diced hotdogs. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese, top with tater tots and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes. Kids love it. So do I, lol.

kkl123:
I posted a sort of casserolish thing over in the low sodium thread... it's a takeoff on ropa vieja.

rockingrandma:
This one is extremely yummy, but it comes out looking like....um....barf.

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole

2 pounds skinless chicken breasts, cubed
bread crumbs (I use italian seasoned style)
1 egg mixed with 1/2 cup milk
8 ounces swiss cheese (can use cubed but I prefer sliced torn into pieces)
8 ounces diced ham
1 small can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk

Dip cubed chicken in egg and milk mixture and roll in crumbs.  Brown in oil until golden.  Put in baking dish, add cheese and ham (I toss it together).  Mix soup with 1/2 cup milk and pour over.  Bake for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

Psykogrl:
I learned a wonderful tater tot one similar to ehellion's from a friend from the midwest. I sort fo changed it a little  to use chicken cause its great for using up leftovers

1 lb (or so) chicken, cooked
small package of frozen chopped broccoli
large can cream of broccoli soup
about 1 lb tater tots
Shredded cheese of choice

Cook the tater tots according to package directions. Mix together all ingredients, saving some cheese for the top, and put in a baking dish. Spinkle with cheese and cook until hot all the way through. Its best to let is sit for a few minutes before trying to eat it so that it will thicken.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version