Author Topic: sun dried (?) cherry tomatoes with herbs - have 'em, what to do with 'em?  (Read 250 times)

cicero

• Super Hero!
So i was in my favorite beans/coffee/spice store yesterday (the kind that sell goods in open sacks and you can pick what you want). i noticed these beautiful dried cherry tomatoes (i assumed sun dried), with herbs, salt and i think oil. I bought 200 gram without actually thinking what to do with them.

I used to make a spread with dried tomatoes, but those were regular sun dried tomatoes. (i used to soak them, then pulverize with olive oil and herbs). What does one do with these tomatoes? A spread is fine, but looking for other ideas as well.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

squeak

• Tossing random "i"'s into words!
Crock pot over chicken? Mixed into regular spaghetti sauce?

They sound delicious, BTW ;) What a find.

mechtilde

• Super Hero!
Cut them up and mix everything (including the oil) into pasta
NE England

cicero

• Super Hero!
thanks. so far i added a few to an eggplant stew- yum. didn't even need to add any spices or anything.

Promise

I dry my own and put them in many things - tossed salad, pasta, soup, green beans, etc. They are just good.

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
Mix with goat cheese, stuff inside a chicken breast and bake or grill.

sweetonsno

Chèvre (or, if you don't like goat cheese, cream cheese works) topped with the sundried tomatoes, pine nuts, and capers or olives is yummy.

Library Dragon

One of my favorite pasta dishes is penne pasta, sun dried tomatoes sliced, goat cheese, spinach (can be cooked or not), and a little olive oil.  Toss and serve. 

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
I think they'd be great in a pasta salad with chick peas and goats cheese and a balsamic type dressing.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

greencat

I put everything on crackers...

cicero

• Super Hero!
wow what great ideas - thanks everyone.

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
One of my favorite pasta dishes is penne pasta, sun dried tomatoes sliced, goat cheese, spinach (can be cooked or not), and a little olive oil.  Toss and serve.

Oh, this reminds me of a salad I used to get at a favorite lunch spot. It was a spinach, lettuce and arugula mix topped with cooled mini pene pasta, a vinaigrette with fresh basil and diced sundried tomatoes, capers, pine nuts and crumbled goat cheese. I think you could add grilled chicken or shrimp but I didn't bother. I bet I ate it weekly as the restaurant delivered and we had lots of working lunch meetings. I might have to make it for dinner this week.