Author Topic: Favorite WW recipes?  (Read 152 times)

TriCrazy73

Favorite WW recipes?
« on: Yesterday at 03:26:09 PM »
I just started Weight Watchers....and I don't want to rely on frozen meals, etc.  Does anyone have any favorite recipes (casserole, chicken, beef..etc.) that would work for me as well as my family?  I'd like to stick to the 10 points and under range, if possible.  If not, maybe up to 15 points would be okay.  Thanks!

MummySweet

Re: Favorite WW recipes?
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 05:06:01 PM »
My family likes the Tuna Patties from the WW "Simply the Best" Cookbook

Ingredients:
Two 6 oz. cans water packed tuna, drained and flaked
3 Egg Whites
3 Tablespoon seasoned dry bread crumbs
4 scallions, thinly sliced
2 Tablespoons minced parsley
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1) In a medium bowl, combine tuna, egg whites, bread crumbs, scallions, parsley and pepper.  Shape mixture into four equal patties.
2) Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, heat.  Add patties and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes on each side.

Points per serving (1 pattie): 3

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 11:29:32 PM »
Good luck! It might help if you tell us what your family favorites are - you might be able to continue using the same recipes or tweak them a bit. Since AFAIK the WW points are based on low fat/high protein/high fiber, you can achieve that by using leaner cuts of meat/chicken, and adding more veg, and baking I/o frying for example.  I don't follow WW but I do use the recipe builder on MFP to help me with calorie count.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

daen

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 11:31:56 PM »
I have no tried and true recipes to offer, but I do have a bit of advice.  Check your local library to see if they have any WW cookbooks. A cookbook would have bunch of recipes in one place, in an easy-to-browse format.

NyaChan

« Reply #4 on: Today at 01:27:45 AM »
I used to make burritos, but I can't remember how many points they were after all this time unfortunately.

I used low cal tortillas which had a ow point value (expensive, but worth it), fat-free refried beans, and ground turkey cooked with cumin, chili powder, and garlic.  Add some hot sauce and I was good to go.   

TriCrazy73

« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:49:02 AM »
Thanks for the advice guys.  I did a little poking around online last night and found a few yummy sounding recipes.  We generally eat fairly healthy, but I do want to try some new things.  I sure hope this works for me!