Hostesses With The Mostest > Recipe Requests

Vegetarian appetizers

(1/5) > >>

RainhaDoTexugo:
I'm bringing hors d'oeuvres on Thanksgiving, and we're most likely going to have at least one vegetarian guest.  I know my brother will plan for her for the main meal, but I'd also like to bring at least one veggie appetizer.  I'm thinking one or two meat, and one vegetarian, and I thought the vegetarians on the board might have some good ideas.  I'll have limited opportunities to cook once I'm over there (reheating will probably be okay), and I'd prefer not to stay up alllllllllll night the night before cooking.  However, I do like cooking, so I'm not looking for strictly 2 minute microwave options.

Just to avoid confusion, vegetarian in this case means no meat, no seafood, no broths or sauces or gravies with meat in them, eggs and dairy are ok.  Thanks!

Bibliophile:
hummus is good...  spinach artichoke dip... 

edenparadox:
Stuffed mushrooms! Just leave out the meat.

tmmkitten:
this is my favorite appetizer!
Bruchetta~
cut a loaf of ciabatta bread and toast lightly with olive oil
combine:
2 cups small cubbed tomatoes
1 bunch basil chopped
1 clove garlic finely chopped
1/2 cup red onion
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 table spoons red wine or balsamic vinegar
course salt and pepper.

mix together and place on top of the ciabatta slices, garnish with extra basil or
if you want to, add mozzarella atop the mix and broil slightly to melt.

RainhaDoTexugo:

--- Quote from: tmmkitten on September 26, 2007, 09:22:47 PM ---this is my favorite appetizer!
Bruchetta~
cut a loaf of ciabatta bread and toast lightly with olive oil
combine:
2 cups small cubbed tomatoes
1 bunch basil chopped
1 clove garlic finely chopped
1/2 cup red onion
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 table spoons red wine or balsamic vinegar
course salt and pepper.

mix together and place on top of the ciabatta slices, garnish with extra basil or
if you want to, add mozzarella atop the mix and broil slightly to melt.

--- End quote ---

These all sound tasty, although I'll have to get BF to taste test the mushrooms :)  Something with basil is a good idea, since it's the only plant that actually managed to survive in my apartment, and I now have 4 basil plants nearing 18" tall  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version