News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• February 14, 2016, 11:08:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Uh.. ya, don't do that....  (Read 644079 times)

ladyknight1

• Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: Uh.. ya, don't do that....
« Reply #3450 on: January 19, 2016, 09:05:09 AM »
Don't forget your sunscreen when spending a day at a festival in the sun, wearing a chemise that shows a bit more shoulder and torso than you usually do.

mmswm

« Reply #3451 on: January 21, 2016, 04:57:23 AM »
If you go out to your car in the middle of the night, don't upset the local skunks. It's three in the morning and I'm trapped in my car by an angry skunk. I am watching him and hoping he toddles off soon. Thankfully I was able to get in and get the door closed before he sprayed, but he's still standing there, so I'm afraid to try to go back inside.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #3452 on: January 21, 2016, 04:59:37 AM »
If you're still stuck out there, skunks only spray when they are startled.  So if you can get out of the car on the other side, quietly close the door, move slowly away from him and talk to him in a low, calm voice, you'll be OK.  :)  People call me the skunk whisperer.  LOL
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

mmswm

« Reply #3453 on: January 21, 2016, 05:20:51 AM »
He's pretty angry, alternately staring at me and aggressively digging through the ivy in the yard. And now he's been joined by a friend. I think I will wait a little longer. If they don't go away in another ten minutes, I will try what you suggest. I'm pretty good with cats and dogs, so I might be able to pull this off. At least I have my phone to amuse me.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
« Reply #3454 on: January 21, 2016, 02:20:37 PM »
Well, now you have to tell us how long you sat there!  ;D
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

mmswm

« Reply #3455 on: January 21, 2016, 02:44:47 PM »
They toddles off about five minutes gate the last post.

AfleetAlex

« Reply #3456 on: January 21, 2016, 02:49:33 PM »
Oh good! I'm glad you didn't have to sit there much longer!

Free Range Hippy Chick

« Reply #3457 on: January 21, 2016, 04:23:13 PM »
If you are a person of average height, and you are trying to put a rug on a horse of above average height, so that you have to make a real effort to throw the body of the rug over the horse's back, make sure before you begin that you are not standing on the end of the strap that will hold the aforementioned rug in place. Otherwise, you will discover that it actually is possible to throw yourself onto the stable floor beside a rather bewildered looking horse, as the effort of your own arms and shoulders lifts your feet off the ground. At that point, the rug, which will have failed to clear the horse's back, will slither slowly down on top of you.

Horse rugs are not, as a general rule, tremendously clean.

AfleetAlex

« Reply #3458 on: January 22, 2016, 09:45:36 AM »
Ouch!!

(Horse's response: "Yeah, now it's your turn to wear it.")

Carotte

« Reply #3459 on: January 22, 2016, 04:00:53 PM »
If you're starting a crochet project that calls for multiple same bits (like two legs, two arms..), even if you're going freehand, do keep note of how many rows you're doing so that the limbs will be the same size...
I'm making a doll like animal (haven't decided between a rabbit and a bear, the only difference will be the ears) without a reciepient in mind and I'm sure a little kid won't mind much but I'm finding myself a bit daft having to compare the ones I already made to determine if I'm finished yet or not.

ladyknight1

• Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #3460 on: January 22, 2016, 08:29:25 PM »
When you have an allergy to a common tropical fruit, which is used in flavorings for many items, you should be on the look out for that when buying food. DH called me to tell me where he got lunch, and I mentioned that that chain's iced tea has mango, which DH is allergic to. Fortunately, they either use artificial flavoring, or it is very far from the actual fruit, as his reaction was delayed and moderate.

Shishimai

« Reply #3461 on: January 25, 2016, 04:43:14 PM »
When taking in a seam, the fabric to be taken in goes inside the garment, not outside.

I got to pick and redo some basting.