News:

• February 25, 2018, 09:57:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Kids say the funniest things  (Read 559890 times)

wonderfullyanonymous

Re: Kids say the funniest things
« Reply #1740 on: January 31, 2018, 10:02:18 AM »
My nephew, Wade, just turned 9 years old and informed me the other night that I am never allowed to adopt a little boy (he knows that I can't have children). When asked why, he said that he is my only aunt boy, and my only baby, and doesn't want me to ever have any other babies if they are boys, because he's the only one. He kept repeating that he was my only "aunt boy," which I couldn't figure out what he meant. He finally told me he was my aunt boy because I'm his aunt. I asked him if he meant nephew, and he said yes, that he just couldn't remember that word, but aunt boy is correct because I'm his aunt, and he's my boy. Lol. That kid cracks me up.

For the record, he's fine if I wanted to adopt a girl, just no boys, unless he could be the uncle. He's an only child, and his parents are divorced, so he's a little confused on what would make him an uncle, lol. I think he's confused because his only cousins on his dad's side of the family are grown, and one of them just had a baby. He's pretty sure he's that baby's uncle and not her cousin.

Said with the maturity one does not usually find in little boys, or big boys for that matter. If you do adopt a little boy, and he wants to be Uncle Wade, then let him be Uncle Wade. That would be adorable!

Frog24

« Reply #1741 on: January 31, 2018, 02:24:17 PM »
The other night, the 5 yo crawled into bed with me.  She's been running a fever so extra snuggles are allowed.  I'm lying on my side and suddenly I feel this little hand run down the back of my head and begin patting my back.  "It's okay, Mrs. Pickles" she whispers.  Two more pats and then I hear her snoring.   ???  I don't even know, but it was so hard not to laugh.

katiescarlett

« Reply #1742 on: February 01, 2018, 12:14:59 AM »
My nephew, Wade, just turned 9 years old and informed me the other night that I am never allowed to adopt a little boy (he knows that I can't have children). When asked why, he said that he is my only aunt boy, and my only baby, and doesn't want me to ever have any other babies if they are boys, because he's the only one. He kept repeating that he was my only "aunt boy," which I couldn't figure out what he meant. He finally told me he was my aunt boy because I'm his aunt. I asked him if he meant nephew, and he said yes, that he just couldn't remember that word, but aunt boy is correct because I'm his aunt, and he's my boy. Lol. That kid cracks me up.

For the record, he's fine if I wanted to adopt a girl, just no boys, unless he could be the uncle. He's an only child, and his parents are divorced, so he's a little confused on what would make him an uncle, lol. I think he's confused because his only cousins on his dad's side of the family are grown, and one of them just had a baby. He's pretty sure he's that baby's uncle and not her cousin.

Said with the maturity one does not usually find in little boys, or big boys for that matter. If you do adopt a little boy, and he wants to be Uncle Wade, then let him be Uncle Wade. That would be adorable!

I think it would, too. He seems to really want to be an uncle, which is cracking me up. He understands perfectly well that I'm his aunt because his mother is my little sister, and that my brothers are his uncles for the same reason, but he's not too sure I know what I'm talking about when I tell him his baby cousin is not his niece. His only brother (my sister's second baby) was born at 4 months, so he's not here, and Wade doesn't remember him being born. He's very interested in brothers, and I think he'd like one, though he's not sure about having a sister, lol. He is being raised around my 12 year old sister and as the next oldest child in my family is 27, she's being raised like an only child as well and they are together every day (Dad is retired and picks them up from school, keeping Wade until my sis is off work), so she's the closest he has to a sibling.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #1743 on: February 05, 2018, 07:17:42 PM »
One from one of the preschoolers today:

bit of background: the admin also doubles as the prek teacher, and her daughter goes to the school. Said child is four.

Well it was time for me to bring the toddlers out into the big room where the schoolagers are.

We (the owner, admin, other coworker and I) are talking a bit, and suddenly this happens:

AdminsDaughter: Mom! Can I have a baby?
Admin: No.
AdminsDaughter: *points* I want -that- one.

Now I think she's pointing to a doll, meaning she had wanted to take one of the baby dolls home or something.

Admin: DaughtersName! She is not ours! We can't take her home! Miss OtherTeacher wouldn't like that.

I look over, to see her pointing at my coworkers twenty month old daughter.  ;D

All four of us look at eachother amused, and then five seconds later the Admin says exactly what i am thinking:

Admin: Oh yes, its just like we're shopping for children. I don't want this one *points* I don't want that one *points* not this one... I want -that one- *emphatic point*

We broke down into helpless laughter.

Frog24

« Reply #1744 on: February 07, 2018, 04:58:55 PM »
I hear the older daughter (7.5) breathing through her mouth as though she's just run a marathon.  Her gasping breaths are  punctuated by short periods where she's holding her breath, then exhaling heavily.  After about 30 seconds of this, I poke my head into the room to see what's going on.

She's peeling a hard-boiled egg.

"Why are you breathing so heavily, honey?"
"It's hard to hold the egg off the plate to peel it.  I'm tired."