News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• September 29, 2016, 07:30:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Uh.. ya, don't do that....  (Read 727126 times)

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
Re: Uh.. ya, don't do that....
« Reply #3495 on: June 29, 2016, 02:37:30 PM »
When you decide to open a brand-new container of orange juice, and then realize after you've taken the lid off that you need to shake it, don't assume the seal will still hold perfectly. Orange juice in the eye is actually quite painful.
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

Ser Lucien Liliane

• Blossoming Pearl Chevalier
    • My tumblr
« Reply #3496 on: June 29, 2016, 04:36:58 PM »
When you're not entirely sure you've fractured a bone in your wrist, and you're supposed to wait a couple of weeks and then check back in with the doctor if it's still wonky, there are several things you ought not do.

Among those things are moving large fence panels, lifting the various pieces of your mum's disassembled motor scooter into (and out of, and back into) the car, and pushing yourself up out of the bathtub with the affected hand.

I will be going to acute care tomorrow as I suspect this bruised lump is not at all normal.
"The wild roses have died, Father, and I know not what to do."

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #3497 on: July 11, 2016, 07:19:30 AM »
As I was putting the kitten in solitary confinement, I scooped out food and put it in his dish, then pulled straight up and smacked the crown of my head on the towel bar. No tears, some ice helped, brushing my hair this morning hurt.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #3498 on: July 20, 2016, 07:51:22 AM »
DH was working with his boss, who owns the company.

DH and boss had a miter saw, a full can of spray paint and $13K worth of equipment for a job they are working on. Boss picks up the saw, and puts it down so it touches the full can of black spray paint. It explodes. DH, Boss, the back of DH' 2016 white pickup, the inside of the bed and topper, equipment, all of the tools, the inverter, key machines, everything is covered in black paint.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

pwv

« Reply #3499 on: August 18, 2016, 02:40:30 PM »
I made pineapple upside-down cupcakes the other day; or at least I tried to.

After I got the pans in the oven, closed the door, and set the timer, I turned to leave the kitchen and there on the counter was the bowl of pineapple chunks.  It was too late to add them so I had to wait until my pineapple-less upside-down cupcakes finished. 

Fortunately I had another cake mix and enough eggs to make a second batch, this time with the pineapple added.  I currently have 18 upside-down cupcakes in my freezer.

Alicia

« Reply #3500 on: August 18, 2016, 02:52:43 PM »
Sautee the pineapple in a pan and add brown sugar and some rum until it all caramelized and then to a bowl add a cupcake and a scoop of vanilla ice cream and ladel the hot pineapple sauce over the top.

VorFemme

• It's too darned hot! (song from Kiss Me, Kate)
« Reply #3501 on: August 21, 2016, 09:50:55 AM »
Sautee the pineapple in a pan and add brown sugar and some rum until it all caramelized and then to a bowl add a cupcake and a scoop of vanilla ice cream and ladel the hot pineapple sauce over the top.

Now - that's one way to turn a "rescue" into an "upgrade"!

Add some coconut & that would be Pina Colada sauce instead of pineapple sauce...and I do like pina coladas (but not so much getting caught in the rain).
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I explain?

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #3502 on: August 28, 2016, 05:18:29 PM »
Oh now I am hungry
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Nikko-chan

« Reply #3503 on: August 28, 2016, 08:47:47 PM »

Or alternately go cupcakeless for these and just use the ice cream and the caramel pineapple sauce

Carotte

« Reply #3504 on: September 07, 2016, 02:29:50 PM »
You know those frixion pens, that you can erase?
They work both by either rubing off the ink or by heat that makes the ink disapear.

So when you use those pens, maybe don't put that writting next to the laptop vent that heats up like there's no tomorow...

Ser Lucien Liliane

• My tumblr
« Reply #3505 on: September 14, 2016, 02:30:43 PM »
When opening the car door, one should really try not to open it straight into their forehead.

I may have a picture for the gross-out thread later.

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #3506 on: September 14, 2016, 03:52:50 PM »
When opening the car door, one should really try not to open it straight into their forehead.

Just saw the picture - ouch!! I'm surprised you didn't have to have stitches.

Ser Lucien Liliane

• My tumblr
« Reply #3507 on: September 14, 2016, 06:45:07 PM »

Just saw the picture - ouch!! I'm surprised you didn't have to have stitches.

I was worried about that at first too, but it quit bleeding quite neatly before too long so I let it be!