News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• June 22, 2017, 07:38:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 655530 times)

Chipmunky

Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #2475 on: May 18, 2017, 07:54:04 AM »
My mom and I stopped by Chipmunchkin's BFF's house last night to drop off some things/let the girls have some face time as the BFF is already 1 and moved out of the infant room (2 more weeks till Chipmunchkin moves!!) DD, poor thing, had gotten up at 530 that morning, after going down at 915 the night before, and had fought all but a 20 minute nap yesterday. She was tired, but happy to see her friend.

The BFF crawled to me and gave me a hug. I gave her a hug back just in time for Chipmunchkin to turn around and look at me.

I got a stone faced Glare of DEATH from Chipmunchkin for hugging a baby other than her. How dare I!?!?!

I was fighting the giggles when Chipmunchkin crawled over and grabbed my other shoulder to hug, looking at her BFF like "I like you, but this mommy is my mommy. Yours is over there. Go away."

The girls are still friends. Chipmunchkin slept much better last night.  ;D

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #2476 on: May 18, 2017, 07:59:57 AM »
We are moved in to our new place, but still have stuff (so much stuff!) in the old place. DH brought over the other two dressers yesterday and I helped him carry in the drawers, put them in place, etc.

During this time, a june bug got in. The june bug entranced and enchanted young Kronos, the one year old cat. Kronos watched it, pounced on it, pawed it.

And then the june bug took flight! Kronos was astonished and perplexed at this. We laughed.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Elisabunny

« Reply #2477 on: May 27, 2017, 05:10:45 PM »
Daughter (age 17) was trying to figure out how mammograms are done.  So I told her: "they squish your b00b between two plates and take a picture."  Her expression was everything you would hope for.  >:D  ;D
You must remember this: a ghoti is still a fish...

Chipmunky

« Reply #2478 on: May 30, 2017, 08:32:46 AM »
Had to send DH away from the table the other day.

Was trying to feed DD a snack, applesauce. Did not know at first that she didn't want applesauce, she wanted a bottle.  Pop a spoonful of applesauce in her mouth, she spit it back out while blowing raspberries at us.

DH was smiling and laughing at her antics, which only encouraged her to do it more, hence the "you need to leave now." I tried 5 spoonfuls, no dice. She was quite pleased with herself, and with her bottle once she got it.

Chipmunky

« Reply #2479 on: June 12, 2017, 12:20:53 PM »
You would have thought DH learned when Chipmunchkin was 5 months old- raising a baby up over your head and face is not a great idea, especially when you are looking up at them with a big, open mouth grin.

No, my now 1 year old (sob!) did not throw up in her Daddy's mouth, again. She is however, cutting first molars, and is a drool factory.

Niiice big glob of spit, right in Daddy's mouth/teeth.

I just about fell over laughing. Chipmunchkin crawled to me to ensure I was ok when I was making these noises, while DH jumped up to grab paper towels and swab his tongue. ;D ;D ;D

Chez Miriam

« Reply #2480 on: Yesterday at 09:47:11 AM »
You would have thought DH learned when Chipmunchkin was 5 months old- raising a baby up over your head and face is not a great idea, especially when you are looking up at them with a big, open mouth grin.

No, my now 1 year old (sob!) did not throw up in her Daddy's mouth, again. She is however, cutting first molars, and is a drool factory.

I just about fell over laughing. Chipmunchkin crawled to me to ensure I was ok when I was making these noises, while DH jumped up to grab paper towels and swab his tongue. ;D ;D ;D

OhMyGosh, is it really a year?  I believe that life gives a person as many chances as they need to learn life-lessons - I'm guessing your husband needed a booster to his knowledge base!
"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."  - Julian of Norwich

Luci

« Reply #2481 on: Yesterday at 12:47:03 PM »

OhMyGosh, is it really a year?  I believe that life gives a person as many chances as they need to learn life-lessons - I'm guessing your husband needed a booster to his knowledge base!

I really do wish you would put this stuff in the gross out thread.