News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• January 30, 2015, 03:04:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Kids say the funniest things  (Read 227354 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: Kids say the funniest things
« Reply #1425 on: January 16, 2015, 10:02:00 PM »
If you can work breakfast in whenever (on the weekends or holiday for us), it is a different scenario. During the week, we have to eat something before school or work and have no opportunity for a food break until lunch, 4 or so hours later. I'm not a big fan of sweet breakfasts, prefer savory far more, but it can be difficult to please everyone.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1426 on: January 17, 2015, 08:24:55 PM »
My youngest saw a carousel today when we were at the zoo and insisted we take a ride on "Wild Irish Rose!"  Now, he's 3, he's never really been on a full carousel before and so never one that played "Wild Irish Rose."  I have an mp3 of the song being played on a Wurlitzer like the sort you'd hear from a carousel but again, he's not familiar with those sorts of carousels or the music they tend to play if they're the older sort.

And being 3, he can't read but even if he could there was nothing about Wild Irish Rose written anywhere near it.  So I was tickled that he called the carousel that.

And then we got on and he sat on a gazelle with me standing next to him as he's got one hand on the pole and the other arm wrapped around my neck as he's saying "It's okay, Mommy, I got you! You okay? Don't worry, I got you."
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #1427 on: January 17, 2015, 11:19:15 PM »
I was at the movies a few weeks ago and overheard this exchange between a father and his young daughter  (I'm guessing she was 4 or 5).

Frozen was the topic.  The little girl was rattling off different things she wanted and the dad told her she had enough Frozen stuff.  She stopped, hands on hips, and told him in the most matter of fact voice, "Daddy, you just don't understand. I'm a girl and I need accessories ".

He tried really hard to hold it together,  but he started laughing, belly laughing, tears rolling down his face laughing. She just stood there for a couple of seconds,  shook her head, muttered ,"Parents are so weird".  When the dad pulled it together,  the little girl looked at him and said, "Daddy, I bet sister would love a Frozen bed set for her birthday".
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #1428 on: January 17, 2015, 11:21:37 PM »
I was at the movies a few weeks ago and overheard this exchange between a father and his young daughter  (I'm guessing she was 4 or 5).

Frozen was the topic.  The little girl was rattling off different things she wanted and the dad told her she had enough Frozen stuff.  She stopped, hands on hips, and told him in the most matter of fact voice, "Daddy, you just don't understand. I'm a girl and I need accessories ".

He tried really hard to hold it together,  but he started laughing, belly laughing, tears rolling down his face laughing. She just stood there for a couple of seconds,  shook her head, muttered ,"Parents are so weird".  When the dad pulled it together,  the little girl looked at him and said, "Daddy, I bet sister would love a Frozen bed set for her birthday".

Tonight at work (I work at a movie theater), a little girl was being really loud and bouncy (in a happy, non - annoying way), and her dad asked her, "Why are you always like this?"

Her big brother piped up, "Because she has a boo - boo!" I laughed til I nearly cried.
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #1429 on: Yesterday at 10:46:12 PM »
Not my kids, just some other kids on a field trip, but funny.

Tour guide at the Decatur House today, talking about how Stephen Decatur died in a duel: "This was a terrible way that they used to resolve conflict. It didn't actually resolve anything, just got a lot of people killed. Can any of you suggest any other ways that they could have tried to resolve their differences?"

Kid #1: "Rock, paper, scissors!"

Kid #2: "Eeny, Meeny, Miney, Moe!"

lol