News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• April 30, 2017, 12:17:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Badly describe your job  (Read 392 times)

Dr. F.

Re: Badly describe your job
« Reply #15 on: Yesterday at 07:43:18 PM »
I stand in front of groups of people and talk while they don't listen. Then I measure how much they didn't listen.

When I'm not doing that, I do obscure things with expensive equipment and publish the results in papers that no one reads.

(University Professor/Researcher)

lilfox

« Reply #16 on: Yesterday at 10:01:55 PM »
Thank you!  Now I just hope lilfox comes back...

Quoth Lilfox:
I deliberately disadvantage some people and give others undeserved advantages.  Then I watch what happens and tell as many people as possible about it.

I made sure to edit the OP - LB and Fauxfoodist were on the right track,  I'm a researcher in experimental psychology and I present at conferences/publish.    ;D
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:04:49 PM by lilfox »

katiescarlett

« Reply #17 on: Today at 03:44:01 AM »
I write papers on why people should give us the money. I make sure the t's are crossed and the i's are dotted.

I am a grant and technical writer.

Mustard

« Reply #18 on: Today at 04:38:44 AM »
I have worked for the same company for many years but have sometimes felt my work was unappreciated and under-valued by my employers.... until the moment it wasn't done.  A few years ago my hours were drastically reduced, due to re-organisation within the company and leading to my virtual redundancy ; I still work for them  but am on a zero-hours contract.

(SAHM now empty-nester - hurrah!)

Nikko-chan

« Reply #19 on: Today at 05:20:20 AM »
I have worked for the same company for many years but have sometimes felt my work was unappreciated and under-valued by my employers.... until the moment it wasn't done.  A few years ago my hours were drastically reduced, due to re-organisation within the company and leading to my virtual redundancy ; I still work for them  but am on a zero-hours contract.

(SAHM now empty-nester - hurrah!)

That made me snort with laughter.... you might have won.