News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 25, 2017, 02:19:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Signs that crack you up  (Read 479194 times)

Twik

Re: Signs that crack you up
« Reply #1350 on: October 21, 2014, 09:19:27 AM »

This one is French.  I have no clue what information it's trying to convey.

Do not step on the Eye of Sauron.
FTW!!!

Gasping ...wheezing....eyes tearing .....face! hurts ! CRUD MONKEYS!...must.not.look at this post again ! 

wheezing...must stop looking...can't resist...wheezing....

I think that this *might* be for one of those parks that has various stations for exercise along a trail. This looks vaguely like "Station 6 - The Log Jump" to me.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page
« Reply #1351 on: October 21, 2014, 04:42:19 PM »
A local pool hall has a sign outside advertising pool leagues, but someone swiped the l off of the sign, so now it advertises poo leagues, and it's been like that for a while, cracks me up every time I pass by it!

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #1352 on: October 27, 2014, 10:56:27 AM »
In a hospital patient and visitor parking garage:

Refuge from what? There is no lock on the other side of that door.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #1353 on: October 27, 2014, 10:57:17 AM »
Are you in an earthquake or tornado zone?  Maybe it is a structurally sound area to hole up in?
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

ladyknight1

« Reply #1354 on: October 27, 2014, 05:48:28 PM »
Florida, so hurricanes or tornadoes.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

greencat

• Trap...Neuter...What was that third thing again?
« Reply #1355 on: October 27, 2014, 07:33:17 PM »
And you would still want a lock in that case - that door opens in, so you'd need something to keep it from blowing open!

Dindrane

« Reply #1356 on: October 27, 2014, 08:57:36 PM »
It might be a place where people who need assistance getting down stairs can wait in case of a fire. The building I work in has stairwells that are capable of withstanding fires for at least 2 hours, and that's where anyone who can't get down the stairs by themselves is supposed to wait for assistance in case of a fire.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #1357 on: October 28, 2014, 06:14:21 AM »
Someone in our downtown area had the brilliant idea to use those pink foam roller noodle things to make large breast cancer awareness ribbons and stick them in the planters along side the road. Only thing is, either they don't bend well, they were cut too short, or something or another weird happened to them because from a distance they look like slightly odd shaped 2' high pink scrabble toys sticking out of the planters.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

lilfox

« Reply #1358 on: October 29, 2014, 01:49:52 PM »
Along the awareness lines, a neighboring town has a giant banner asking people to shine a purple light because October is

"Domestic Awareness Month"

Think they missed a crucial word in there, unless this is the month to celebrate maids in the 1950s.

mandycorn

« Reply #1359 on: November 04, 2014, 03:27:22 PM »
The dance school next to my hairdresser has a ground-level marquee and some mischievous students, because instead of advertising that they have "footless tights" for sale, you are notified that they have "tootless fights"
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln 

Sirius

« Reply #1360 on: November 04, 2014, 11:00:44 PM »
There's a business next to our favorite restaurant called the "Good Taste Noodle House."  Someone stole all the Ds off the building (or the sign maker forgot to bring them), so it was "Goo Taste Noo le House" for at least a couple of months.  There are now new Ds on the sign. 

Elfmama

• Derailing threads since 2001!
« Reply #1361 on: November 05, 2014, 08:38:11 PM »
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Common sense is not a gift, but a curse.  Because then
you have to deal with all the people who don't have it.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Giraffe, Esq

« Reply #1362 on: November 09, 2014, 12:23:54 PM »

ladyknight1

« Reply #1363 on: November 09, 2014, 05:24:27 PM »
I need a door sized one for my office.
-J.R.R Tolkien

Piratelvr1121

« Reply #1364 on: November 11, 2014, 08:30:46 PM »
In our neighborhood many businesses have blackboard signs on the sidewalk.  These may have daily specials listed or they might just have a quotation of some sort.  Usually, there's an Illustration. 

The local wine shop's sign today read 'Innocent grapes died for you!  Drink wine!'. The illustration was a bunch of grapes with 'Xs' for eyes.

The other day I saw a sign outside a liquor store which read "The liver is evil and it must be punished." I found that amusing.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata