Author Topic: Signs that crack you up  (Read 214573 times)

sooverit

• :(
Re: Signs that crack you up
« Reply #210 on: May 08, 2008, 01:17:06 PM »
i found this on a website but it will forever crack me up:

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #211 on: May 08, 2008, 02:14:30 PM »
A sign outside of Fort Laramie, WY: "360 good people and 12 hotheads"

gui

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #212 on: May 08, 2008, 02:16:52 PM »
Kristen, someone did that to one of the dryers at my school.  When they replaced all the dryers with superdryers, I was soooo happy, but I really miss that little sign brightening my day whenever I used the bathroom.

sooverit

• :(
« Reply #213 on: May 08, 2008, 02:38:27 PM »
Rainha- I can't look at a hand dryer without smiling now!!!! 

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #214 on: May 08, 2008, 02:39:02 PM »
I'm almost tempted to "modify" one of the old dryers in another bathroom now....  >:D

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #215 on: May 08, 2008, 05:22:20 PM »

gui

This was on the marque of a "gentleman's club" in my home state:

Hundreds of beautiful girls and 3 ugly ones.
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

Wulfie

• I'm so pretty! Oh so pretty! - Morgan the Cat
    • Unique Weddings for Unique Couples
« Reply #216 on: May 08, 2008, 05:28:39 PM »

gui

Grin. I used to work for that club chain (as an accountant. I would be one of the 3 if I was a dancer!) and they really do have 3 very homely women who travel around doing comic relief dancing!

Elle

« Reply #217 on: May 08, 2008, 05:58:47 PM »
I saw one for a gentleman's club when i was in Fort Worth. It was apparenty called the "Spearmint Rhino"

I want to know why they didn't go with "Ginger Ostrich"

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #218 on: May 08, 2008, 08:16:11 PM »

gui

Grin. I used to work for that club chain (as an accountant. I would be one of the 3 if I was a dancer!) and they really do have 3 very homely women who travel around doing comic relief dancing!

I wondered about that! Thanks for the explanation!

Once Sis's friend was trying to get a ride from my mom because she (friend) wanted to apply for a job there. The joke was too easy. ;D >:D
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

housewife2k

• Super Hero!
  • I want to be a Pirate AND a Ninja!
« Reply #219 on: May 08, 2008, 08:17:48 PM »
There has to be more than one club with that catchphrase, then, because I am fairly certain thatt not all of you are from MN, and one of our clubs uses that line, too.

Samantha

• Super Hero!
  • Blah Blah Blah. Insert witty comment here!
« Reply #220 on: May 08, 2008, 09:12:36 PM »
There has to be more than one club with that catchphrase, then, because I am fairly certain thatt not all of you are from MN, and one of our clubs uses that line, too.

There is a chain of clubs nationwide that has that catchphrase. The name of the club is a sensation that some people have, that they have seen/experienced something before/a glitch in the Matrix.

(C) Get Fuzzy 5.13.07

housewife2k

• Super Hero!
  • I want to be a Pirate AND a Ninja!
« Reply #221 on: May 08, 2008, 09:50:19 PM »

There is a chain of clubs nationwide that has that catchphrase. The name of the club is a sensation that some people have, that they have seen/experienced something before/a glitch in the Matrix.
Yep, that would be it!

Wulfie

• I'm so pretty! Oh so pretty! - Morgan the Cat
    • Unique Weddings for Unique Couples
« Reply #222 on: May 09, 2008, 10:30:59 AM »

Yep, that would be it!

Yep! It is a nationwide chain and NOT all of the clubs use the same name. There are about 5 names they use primarily and a few other clubs/theaters/toy stores that they bought and just kept the existing name. They were also are trying to expand into the normal club scene when I worked there but that was a few years ago and I have no idea what the status of that is. 

The thing I had to laugh at is the family that owns them is one of the "Major" families out there and we all had to sign documents stating that we would never state who they were as it would ruin their reputation as prominant business people. If you are too embarrassed to let it be known that you own/run these businesses why do you do it?

Mazdoy

« Reply #223 on: May 09, 2008, 10:37:44 AM »
I was on the third day of the Inca Trail at a campsite where showers were available.  In order to have a shower you had to buy a ticket from a kiosk that also sold many other things (drinks, crisps, chocolate, beer etc).  They had a sign up saying "Towels available to Rent" - perfectly fine until we realised that this sign was hung up over a display of sanitary towels!

Also, in Lima I was browsing through a menu and noticed that they had Pancakes "with Sweat" available!

Samantha

• Super Hero!
  • Blah Blah Blah. Insert witty comment here!
« Reply #224 on: May 09, 2008, 11:58:57 AM »
The thing I had to laugh at is the family that owns them is one of the "Major" families out there and we all had to sign documents stating that we would never state who they were as it would ruin their reputation as prominant business people. If you are too embarrassed to let it be known that you own/run these businesses why do you do it?

I thought that one of the people that owned the club was a member of the Forbes family? Heck, it's listed on Wikipedia, so it can't be that big of a secret! Unless it's another family. Then I'm at a loss. :)

(C) Get Fuzzy 5.13.07