Author Topic: Signs that crack you up  (Read 216689 times)

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
Re: Signs that crack you up
« Reply #1005 on: July 09, 2011, 08:33:04 PM »
Seen on not one but THREE billboards today for a body shop: WE TOE FOR FREE.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #1006 on: July 10, 2011, 10:39:16 PM »
In rural Wisconsin today, we saw "Airplane Crossing.  Watch for low flying planes."

PeasNCues

• Mind your PeasNCues!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #1007 on: July 11, 2011, 09:57:32 AM »
For some reason, I think this should go without saying:
'I shall sit here quietly by the fire for a bit, and perhaps go out later for a sniff of air.  Mind your Ps and Qs, and don't forget that you are supposed to be escaping in secret, and are still on the high-road and not very far from the Shire!' -FOTR

http://inanitiesofanidlemind.blogspot.com/

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #1008 on: July 11, 2011, 12:53:37 PM »
In rural Wisconsin today, we saw "Airplane Crossing.  Watch for low flying planes."

Near where I grew up in Michigan, someone had a mail box on a really high pole with "air mail" written on the sides. It was right next to their regular mail box.
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #1009 on: July 11, 2011, 01:51:36 PM »

The company I work for shares an office building with another company. On all of their doors is a sign listing prohibited items. Among them is included illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia, guns, bombs, or explosive devices, along with recording devices (that one I get). I really wonder who they have working there that they need to be told this. All I can picture is, “Yeeeha! Bob, c’mere, hold this camera and film me as I do a line of coke off my desk and then shoot an apple off Spanky’s head!”
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

lilfox

« Reply #1010 on: July 11, 2011, 07:12:15 PM »

I saw a warning like that in rural Michigan.  Seconds later, a low-flying crop duster flew overhead right in front of my car (right to left).  Immediately after, a spooked deer came barreling across the highway from the left side into the side of my car!  Since these things happened so close in time and I never saw the deer before it hit me (I had glanced up at the plane), I swear my first thought was that something had fallen out of the plane and landed on my car.  I was fine, the deer tumbled and ran off, and the car was still drivable.

Lesson:  low flying planes are dangerous in unexpected ways!

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #1011 on: July 14, 2011, 08:09:57 PM »

The company I work for shares an office building with another company. On all of their doors is a sign listing prohibited items. Among them is included illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia, guns, bombs, or explosive devices, along with recording devices (that one I get). I really wonder who they have working there that they need to be told this. All I can picture is, “Yeeeha! Bob, c’mere, hold this camera and film me as I do a line of coke off my desk and then shoot an apple off Spanky’s head!”

Our HOA specifically prohibits keeping radioactive material on our property.  DH always had planned to build a particle accelerator in the backyard as soon as Babybartfast got old enough for it to be a father-daughter project (so age 4 or so?) but I guess we can't do that now.  (Mostly because building a particle accelerator small enough to fit in our backyard would require a rather inconvenient black hole to hold it together.)

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #1012 on: July 15, 2011, 04:56:32 PM »
In the carpark of our hospital is a sign saying "Pedestrians - Walk This Way". I either think of the song or, if I am in a weird and kooky mood, feel like doing a stupid walk near the sign just because I can.  This mood happens when it's Friday of pay week.  ??? Or maybe I am just strange.
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

static

« Reply #1013 on: July 15, 2011, 05:01:22 PM »

Our HOA specifically prohibits keeping radioactive material on our property. 

My university halls of residence contract said the same, and I think there may have been a specific "no building nuclear weapons in your bedroom" clause also. Sadly, I neglected to keep a copy.

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #1014 on: July 16, 2011, 01:32:30 PM »
In the carpark of our hospital is a sign saying "Pedestrians - Walk This Way". I either think of the song or, if I am in a weird and kooky mood, feel like doing a stupid walk near the sign just because I can.  This mood happens when it's Friday of pay week.  ??? Or maybe I am just strange.

If I saw a sign like that my first inclination would be to say, "If I could walk that way..."

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #1015 on: July 16, 2011, 09:24:43 PM »
Saw a sign today and niece and I both said that it should be posted on the internet.

Unfortunately, neither of us had a camera.

Sign looked like this:

NO EXIT
Enter

??? ??? ???
Only when you got closer, did you actually see that it was:

NO EXIT
<--Enter

with an arrow off to the side indicating the entrance.

We both agreed that it was a signage fail.

MrTango

« Reply #1016 on: July 19, 2011, 01:19:26 PM »
Our HOA specifically prohibits keeping radioactive material on our property.  DH always had planned to build a particle accelerator in the backyard as soon as Babybartfast got old enough for it to be a father-daughter project (so age 4 or so?) but I guess we can't do that now.  (Mostly because building a particle accelerator small enough to fit in our backyard would require a rather inconvenient black hole to hold it together.)

Better get rid of your smoke detectors as they usually contain small quantities of radioactive materials.   >:D

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
  • I have a PhD in horribleness.
« Reply #1017 on: July 19, 2011, 01:51:42 PM »
Haven't read the thread, but I wanted to post these before I forget.

Once, in high school, a friend and I were driving past a church. The sign said, "God is still on the throne." Being the exceptionally mature 17-year-olds that we were, we dissolved into a fit of giggles. We still sometimes giggle when we pass that church.

My car has an interior trunk release handle. Lots of cars do. Mine, however, shows that you are supposed to run away once you pop the trunk. Apparently, that wasn't obvious to people. The little stick figure man running away cracks me up every time.
The status is not quo!

hot_shaker

• Super Hero!
  • Friendly EHell Crank
« Reply #1018 on: July 19, 2011, 08:23:04 PM »
My car has an interior trunk release handle. Lots of cars do. Mine, however, shows that you are supposed to run away once you pop the trunk. Apparently, that wasn't obvious to people. The little stick figure man running away cracks me up every time.

He cracks me up too!  The flaw, though, is that when you most need an informative diagram (i.e., locked in the trunk), there's no light to read it by.   :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trust me, I'm a scientist.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raised on the East Coast,
living in the Mid-West.

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
  • I have a PhD in horribleness.
« Reply #1019 on: July 19, 2011, 09:29:25 PM »

He cracks me up too!  The flaw, though, is that when you most need an informative diagram (i.e., locked in the trunk), there's no light to read it by.   :P

Mine glows in the dark.  ;D
The status is not quo!