Author Topic: Signs that crack you up  (Read 209793 times)

snowfire

Re: Signs that crack you up
« Reply #1095 on: November 20, 2011, 01:37:23 AM »
Not a sign, but a product.

DH & I were at Cabela's tonight seeing if there was anything we were interested in for their big sale tomorrow.  I happened to look at some boxes of ammo that were sitting on the counter in the gun department...
http://www.hornady.com/ammunition/zombiemax
I howled. 

Scritzy

• Please do not adjust your set.
  • Super Hero!
  • Passing through the iris of the world ...
« Reply #1096 on: November 20, 2011, 03:21:37 PM »
"Just in case ..." I love it!
Dragons

SC
It will pass. Or not.

magicdomino

« Reply #1097 on: November 20, 2011, 11:28:10 PM »
I like the disclaimer:  "Disclaimer: Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is NOT a toy (IT IS LIVE AMMUNITION), but is intended only to be used on…ZOMBIES, also known as the living dead, undead, etc.  No human being, plant, animal, vegetable or mineral should ever be shot with Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition."

Poirot

• Needler of threads, not threader of needles
« Reply #1098 on: November 21, 2011, 10:55:41 AM »
Even though i m not a huge fan of guns, i think I'd buy anti-zombie ammunition!
A spoon! A spoon! My kingdom for a case of #%^***** spoons!

Morticia

• Stepmonster's Travels
« Reply #1099 on: November 24, 2011, 11:10:22 AM »

DH & I were at Cabela's tonight seeing if there was anything we were interested in for their big sale tomorrow.  I happened to look at some boxes of ammo that were sitting on the counter in the gun department...
I howled.

It's for times like this that we really need a like button.
Now our mom says she's changed her mind about the devil's brood, they may be evil so she thinks, but at least they're never rude...
                                        -- Big Rude Jake

My travel blog: http://www.stepmonster.ca

Seven Ate Nine

« Reply #1100 on: November 24, 2011, 07:30:57 PM »

I howled.

I want a box of this to put in my zombie response team vest.  DH said that it's too expensive and I should take some regular shot and paint them green.  He's no fun.

#1aunt

« Reply #1101 on: November 25, 2011, 02:18:33 PM »
While Christmas shopping last year I saw a sign advertising gift sets for sale. It read:

50% off 
Totes Boxed Gifts

Reg.           Sale
         20.00        12.00
         30.00        18.00
         40.00        24.00

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1102 on: November 25, 2011, 02:42:14 PM »
While Christmas shopping last year I saw a sign advertising gift sets for sale. It read:

50% off 
Totes Boxed Gifts

Reg.           Sale
         20.00        12.00
         30.00        18.00
         40.00        24.00
<tilt>That just doesn't add up.  Even after multiple concussions, I can calculate "half off" in my head.

I saw this morning's local "news" show.  They were promoting Black Friday.  The female news anchor has a guest from the local shopping mall with "Black Friday specials."  Supposedly marked down so low they are considered "door busters" because the shoppers will bust down the doors to get to them.

First store's "door buster" special:  Buy 3 items for $30.  These items normally retail for $8, $10, or $12.  Hurry! Supplies are limited at this price.

I thought, "Yeah, ri-i-ight.  Hurry & buy before you realize that you are paying more for the $8 items than before they went on 'sale'."
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #1103 on: December 03, 2011, 12:37:05 PM »
I've seen that type of thing before, where the stores apparently don't think their customers do math.  I'd see signs for the small size of cat food, 3.5 pounds on sale for 2.50.  Right next to the small bags are the large bags, 7 pounds, at the regular price of $7.  Do the math.  You get the same amount of cat food buying two small bags, but pay $2 less. 

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1104 on: December 03, 2011, 11:25:18 PM »
Places like Jo-Ann Fabrics seem to think the same thing: they sell what are called fat quarters (18x22 inch pieces, the same amount of fabric as a quarter-yard, but a squarish block rather than a long strip) for $2.50, while the same fabric right off the bolt is $5-$6 a yard. Apparently lots of their customers don't do the math, or they wouldn't keep doing it. 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1105 on: December 03, 2011, 11:53:18 PM »
Places like Jo-Ann Fabrics seem to think the same thing: they sell what are called fat quarters (18x22 inch pieces, the same amount of fabric as a quarter-yard, but a squarish block rather than a long strip) for $2.50, while the same fabric right off the bolt is $5-$6 a yard. Apparently lots of their customers don't do the math, or they wouldn't keep doing it. 

The customers who buy fat squares probably do so for the convenience of not having to wait in line and get all their fabrics measured and cut.  Time = money, or so they say.  :)

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #1106 on: December 04, 2011, 12:56:08 AM »

I get fat quarters when 2 conditions are met:
1: I'm feeling lazy and need a square that I don't feel like cutting myself (I can never seem to cut a perfect square, I'm always off by half an inch the first two times I try)
2: They're on sale for $1-1.50
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

purplemuse

• Super Hero!
  • This is going to be super special awesome!
« Reply #1107 on: December 05, 2011, 10:17:26 AM »

I get fat quarters when 2 conditions are met:
1: I'm feeling lazy and need a square that I don't feel like cutting myself (I can never seem to cut a perfect square, I'm always off by half an inch the first two times I try)
2: They're on sale for $1-1.50

Me too, though I have to add:

3: There's a fabric that I absolutely have to have, and they only have it in fat quarters (this may or may not also meet conditions 1 and 2)

Irishkitty

• Ce la vie
    • Cards and Crafts by Carol
« Reply #1108 on: December 12, 2011, 02:58:53 PM »
My local convenience store has recently changed hands. So all new signage, etc.

One of the things they like to do is label their savings and offers as "smart savings"

I was looking at the wine section waiting for my husband to purchase his items, and I noticed several "smart savings" on the shelf. My second favorite was the Bucks Fizz - Was 4.00, now 4.00! Wow I thought.

My favorite was the half price wine offer - WAS 8.99, NOW 5.99!

::)
Ireland
Check out my handmade cards -
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CardsnCraftsbyCarol

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #1109 on: January 04, 2012, 11:37:30 AM »
Saw this today in the school parking lot, taped on the back of a minivan: Secret Agents.

Dude, I think your cover's blown. ;D
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!