Author Topic: Signs that crack you up  (Read 214714 times)

Seven Ate Nine

Re: Signs that crack you up
« Reply #1125 on: February 03, 2012, 08:37:11 PM »
Not a sign, but a product.

DH & I were at Cabela's tonight seeing if there was anything we were interested in for their big sale tomorrow.  I happened to look at some boxes of ammo that were sitting on the counter in the gun department...
http://www.hornady.com/ammunition/zombiemax
I howled.

I want a box of this to put in my zombie response team vest.  DH said that it's too expensive and I should take some regular shot and paint them green.  He's no fun.

Update: I talked DH into buying a box of the buckshot.  I will be painting some rifle rounds green on the ends to finish out my vest.

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #1126 on: February 03, 2012, 08:53:38 PM »

(the last word is "food!!")

Seen in a Burger Box a few weeks ago.

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #1127 on: February 04, 2012, 05:43:22 PM »
I am not a fan of graffiti but this made me laugh. In my home town, there was a sign in a car park saying "No Parking." It was winter and snowing. Some enterprising soul had sprayed an "S" and a "w" around the word "No" to make it say "Snow Parking" lol.
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

purplemuse

• Super Hero!
  • This is going to be super special awesome!
« Reply #1128 on: February 06, 2012, 09:54:58 AM »
Back around Thanksgiving, I saw one at our local Wal-Mart. Must have been the type of signage they'd normally use for a sale or something.

Written in black marker was:

"Closed Thanksgiving"

And printed smaller underneath:

"While supplies last"

snowfire

« Reply #1129 on: February 06, 2012, 10:10:29 PM »
While driving down the road I noticed a little hole in the wall store.  Not sure exactly what it was but it was offering discount legal forms & stuff for sale.  The sign in the window???  "Guns, knives, divorce kits" 

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #1130 on: February 07, 2012, 03:23:09 AM »
While driving down the road I noticed a little hole in the wall store.  Not sure exactly what it was but it was offering discount legal forms & stuff for sale.  The sign in the window???  "Guns, knives, divorce kits" 

Wow! ;D

"If the gun or the knife doesn't work, we'll give you a refund and a free divorce kit!"
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #1131 on: February 09, 2012, 05:35:45 PM »
Back in the 1970s there was a firm of lawyers in NYC.  Even though they were based in an Irish neighborhood I'm not sure if they got much business.  The firm was named after the partners, 'Lawless and Lynch'.

Makes me think of the lawyers from (I think it's) "Car Talk"--Dewey, Cheatam, and Howe.

I think they used the same law firm in a Daffy Duck cartoon once.....maybe it was "Duck Dodgers of the 21st Century".

I think that goes even further back to the original "Three Stooges" movies, but I could be wrong.

The firm apparently has its own web page http://www.dewey-cheatham-howe.com/history.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Lynn2000

« Reply #1132 on: April 18, 2012, 11:15:39 PM »
I've attended/worked on the same college campus for years. There's a dorm near my office called "Allen Residences." Every year--every year--the kids scratch at the letters on the sign to make it read "Alien Residences." One doesn't want to encourage vandalism, but I find it hilarious--the first time, because I'd never thought how close "Allen" and "Alien" were, and all the times after that because I imagine how clever the new class of students think they are, for coming up with this great new joke.  8)
~Lynn2000

mrkitty

« Reply #1133 on: April 18, 2012, 11:25:33 PM »
in a collectibles and comics shop:
Any loose children will be sold to the highest bidder.

In the same shop:
Sorry, we're
Open

This one made me laugh HARD.  ;D I know of several businesses that SHOULD post this sign in their window...
Learn from past. Live in the present. Hope for the future.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1134 on: April 19, 2012, 10:40:11 AM »
On the University of Wisconsin, Madison campus there's a residence called 'Ogg Hall'.

I'm sure the Ogg family is a fine one but, every time I see that sign, I can only envision a dorm inhabited by gnomes. 

purplemuse

• Super Hero!
  • This is going to be super special awesome!
« Reply #1135 on: April 20, 2012, 09:45:13 AM »

In the same shop:
Sorry, we're
Open

This one made me laugh HARD.  ;D I know of several businesses that SHOULD post this sign in their window...

Would that have been in a small, college town in northern New York? I'm curious as I saw the same sign on a shop with similar merchandise while I was there.

drebay

• drebay does not stand for Dr Ebay!
« Reply #1136 on: April 20, 2012, 11:57:31 AM »

In the same shop:
Sorry, we're
Open

We have a diner here that has that sign.

Would that have been in a small, college town in northern New York? I'm curious as I saw the same sign on a shop with similar merchandise while I was there.

Martienne

• Formerly yello.cape.cod
« Reply #1137 on: April 26, 2012, 12:23:48 AM »
I saw this at a local apartment complex. I'm sure I seemed like a loon to anyone who saw me laughing and/or taking its picture, but I knew I had to share it here.

blueyzca01

« Reply #1138 on: April 27, 2012, 05:02:58 PM »
A local church posted the following on its front sign:

Yelling, "Oh, God!" does not constitute attending Mass.

My mom thought it was crude but I loved it.
No one ever says, "Why me?!?!" when something good happens.

ShanghaiJill

« Reply #1139 on: April 27, 2012, 09:48:46 PM »
I was taking a train trip along Boston's North Shore.   We went by this tidal pool sort of area.  There was literally half of an old rowboat rotting on the shore.   It was in bad condition and getting worse by the minute.

The name painted on it?

"Ruff'n It"