Author Topic: Signs that crack you up  (Read 215697 times)

baglady

• A big lass and a bonny lass and she loves her beer
Re: Signs that crack you up
« Reply #1170 on: September 30, 2012, 08:26:08 PM »
Yesterday at a stoplight I was behind a car with a rear window decal that read "Godspeed." It was all white except for the S, which was red and rendered almost invisible by the red brake light just above it. So it looked for all the world like "God peed."
My photography is on Redbubble! Come see: http://www.redbubble.com/people/baglady

RegionMom

• Super Hero!
  • ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
« Reply #1171 on: October 01, 2012, 03:16:10 PM »
So THAT is how the flood of Noah occurred!
 ;D ;) :) :D
Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1172 on: October 01, 2012, 03:58:30 PM »
My favourite sign was Scottish: "Dead slow children playing".
Well of course they're slow!  You'd be slow too if you were a zombie!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #1173 on: October 12, 2012, 10:23:46 PM »
A bar that we pass to go to our favorite restaurant always has interesting signs out.  Today it was "Open 7 days AWK."  While I know what they meant, that wasn't what the sign said.

greencat

« Reply #1174 on: October 13, 2012, 05:15:55 AM »
There was a print shop about a block away from my dad's business that had a changeable marquee sign (like a church sign) that always had funny sayings up on it, which, since they weren't a church, tended towards the merely humorous instead of religious.  I guess the business didn't rely on drive-by customers, as I never once saw them actually advertise on the sign.

Sadly, shortly before I moved away from my hometown, the sign ended up with a smaller sign on it saying "This sign used to be funny, but someone stole our letters!"

lilfox

« Reply #1175 on: October 26, 2012, 04:53:41 PM »
Professionally printed, likely mass produced Bumper sticker spotted on a car today:

"Honk if your horney"

Really? 

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1176 on: October 26, 2012, 06:51:56 PM »
Professionally printed, likely mass produced Bumper sticker spotted on a car today:

"Honk if your horney"

Really?

With the typo in it? That's the first thing I noticed, not that it is inappropriate on a public steet!

lilfox

« Reply #1177 on: October 27, 2012, 11:41:24 PM »

"Honk if your horney"

Really?

With the typo in it? That's the first thing I noticed, not that it is inappropriate on a public steet!

Oh yes, that is verbatim.  So typo?  Check.  Improper use of your instead of you're? Check.  I suppose it also counts as a brain hurt that someone got this printed as is.

RegionMom

• Super Hero!
  • ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
« Reply #1178 on: October 28, 2012, 04:06:56 PM »
Wait, what if my name really is horney, lowercase and all, to be eunigqquee?  (Pronounced hor Nay)

I guess I am the only one that truly gets to honk!

HONK HONK HONK!!

Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.

CarolinaEmerald

« Reply #1179 on: October 31, 2012, 08:51:56 PM »
Near the town of Gaffney, South Carolina, there is a water tank shaped like a giant peach (Gaffney was once best-known for its peach orchards).

Before the outlet mall was built and people could look at the water tank from the mall, there was a sign on the interstate that said, "To View Peach, Go to Exit 92."

The only highway sign I saw that was nearly as funny was in Griffin, Georgia. It was a crossroads sign with a smaller sign underneath it that read "Bowling Lane." I wondered aloud, "Why do they have a crossroads sign for a bowling alley?" ...

Before I realized that the cross-street was named Bowling Lane.  :-[  ;)

Love the Peachoid!
Hand over the chocolate and no one gets hurt.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1180 on: November 01, 2012, 06:20:04 PM »
The Dole Cannery in Honolulu used to have a water tower painted like a pineapple.  It was a beloved local landmark.  Time took its toll and the water tower was torn down and the cannery transformed into an outlet mall.  Fast forward several years and an egg shaped anaerobic digester was constructed at the wastewater treatment plant (a couple miles away).  Many people were upset at the visibility of this egg-shaped digester.  They claim it ruined the view.  It's in the middle of an industrial park and the cranes and hoists at the shipyard hide most of the digester from view.

I suggested they paint the digester to resemble a pineapple.  They don't listen to my brilliant suggestions. ::)
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #1181 on: November 10, 2012, 03:03:39 PM »

This sign has been cracking DH and I up for a few weeks now.  It's the sign for a private road near where we live.  Used to be just a small sign with the numbers of the houses, and then it was replaced quite suddenly.  Wouldn't you love to be known as "the people who live on Odd Private Dr"?

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1182 on: November 11, 2012, 07:29:16 PM »
A cheap sign on the side of the road read "Gifted Psychic Adviser" and had a phone number.

DH looked and laughed, "Why would a psychic need to advertise?" and I wondered if the psychic is gifted, is the psychic going to give the client gifts, or they only treat gifted people.

greencat

« Reply #1183 on: November 11, 2012, 09:21:22 PM »
A cheap sign on the side of the road read "Gifted Psychic Adviser" and had a phone number.

DH looked and laughed, "Why would a psychic need to advertise?" and I wondered if the psychic is gifted, is the psychic going to give the client gifts, or they only treat gifted people.

Psychics need to advertise because their clients are not psychic.  However, they should know that you are coming in, so you should not need to call for an appointment.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1184 on: November 11, 2012, 11:45:21 PM »

Psychics need to advertise because their clients are not psychic.  However, they should know that you are coming in, so you should not need to call for an appointment.

DH thinks they should just walk up to whoever needs their services and offer to trade advice for a fee. He is silly.  :)