Author Topic: Signs that crack you up  (Read 229758 times)

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
Re: Signs that crack you up
« Reply #1200 on: July 10, 2013, 01:30:34 PM »
Seen in the window of a little shop I just drove by:

Knives
Guns
Divorce Forms
Try the knife first.  If that doesn't work, try the gun.

As a last resort, if the first two didn't solve the problem, the divorce forms are also available here >:D.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

LazyDaisy

« Reply #1201 on: July 10, 2013, 04:08:38 PM »
76 brand of gasoline has a new marketing campaign going on -- Stop "honkaholism" -- about not using your car horn.  There is a new billboard on my way to work with the slogan "Give a Hoot. Don't Toot." Several things about this Crack.Me.Up:

1) Does anyone remember the original '70s US Forrest Service mascot, Woodsy Owl, "Give a hoot, don't pollute"? Yeah, an oil company has just co-opted and bastardized it.  ::)

2) When I was a kid, "toot" was a popular euphemism for passing gas. So are they advising me to reduce my noise pollution or air pollution?  >:D
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #1203 on: July 10, 2013, 11:44:09 PM »
"After all this time?"
"Always."

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #1204 on: July 11, 2013, 06:45:48 AM »
http://fb-troublemakers.com/can-you-make-it-through-this-post-without-giggling-11694/

I couldn't help but laugh.....

I made it to the sign for the carpeting company before I laughed out loud.  How far did you get?

You made it longer than I did...lost at BJ's parking sign.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

magicdomino

« Reply #1205 on: July 11, 2013, 10:43:41 AM »
http://fb-troublemakers.com/can-you-make-it-through-this-post-without-giggling-11694/

I got as far as the rearrangement number and letter stickers in the hardward store.  The numbers weren't anything special. Then I saw what someone spelled with the letters.   :)

I think my mouth may have twitched a bit at the prominently male tree, though.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1206 on: July 11, 2013, 10:53:42 AM »
I got all the way through.  With my teeth clenched, mind you, but I was determined!
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

cwm

« Reply #1207 on: July 11, 2013, 12:55:35 PM »
I've seen that list before, so I could make it all the way through. Took me three tries, though, before I could do it the first time I saw it.

When I showed it to my boyfriend, with dinner on the line that he couldn't do it, there was no possible way I was giggling in the background to try to set him off. Nope. Nuh-uh. You can't prove a thing.  >:D

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page

readingchick

• Trivia Buff
« Reply #1209 on: July 24, 2013, 04:46:28 PM »

I made it to the sign for the carpeting company before I laughed out loud.  How far did you get?

not far....I was laughing at about the second one :)

Pen^2

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1211 on: July 24, 2013, 07:09:27 PM »
This isn't a sign.  It's the name of a band but, how can you not love a group named 'Trampled by Turtles?'

baglady

• A big lass and a bonny lass and she loves her beer
« Reply #1212 on: August 25, 2013, 07:51:06 PM »
Friends of ours had this sign posted on the mailbox at their house yesterday for their housewarming party in the backyard:

Welcome to the ___s' cookout.
First impressions in front, party in the back.
Just like the mullet. Remember the mullet?

Below that, there were two little "check boxes."

__Yes
Come on back and pour yourself a beer.

__No
Sorry, we'll need to see some ID. Come on back and pour yourself a Pepsi.
My photography is on Redbubble! Come see: http://www.redbubble.com/people/baglady

blueyzca01

« Reply #1213 on: August 29, 2013, 02:46:08 PM »
My name is Lisa.  I sent this to my husband...but told him that he should substitute his own name.  Or not  ;)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 04:00:55 PM by blueyzca01 »
No one ever says, "Why me?!?!" when something good happens.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1214 on: August 29, 2013, 07:25:04 PM »
My name is Lisa.  I sent this to my husband...but told him that he should substitute his own name.  Or not  ;)
I don't get it. I am perplexed ... and intrigued. What did you send to your husband, Lisa?
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius