Author Topic: Signs that crack you up  (Read 221506 times)

Luci

• Super Hero!
Re: Signs that crack you up
« Reply #1215 on: August 29, 2013, 09:23:45 PM »
My name is Lisa.  I sent this to my husband...but told him that he should substitute his own name.  Or not  ;)
I don't get it. I am perplexed ... and intrigued. What did you send to your husband, Lisa?

I am also lost in the woods. (Was this something in the 'bet you can't not laugh'. Sadly, I didn't think any were funny. Mostly gross and childish and heard so many times I'm over it. Sigh. Poor me.)

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1216 on: August 30, 2013, 02:23:52 PM »
My name is Lisa.  I sent this to my husband...but told him that he should substitute his own name.  Or not  ;)
I don't get it. I am perplexed ... and intrigued. What did you send to your husband, Lisa?

I am also lost in the woods. (Was this something in the 'bet you can't not laugh'. Sadly, I didn't think any were funny. Mostly gross and childish and heard so many times I'm over it. Sigh. Poor me.)
I agree with you Luci.  I didn't even smile, which made me sad because I might be turning into a grumpy old lady.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #1217 on: August 31, 2013, 01:13:10 PM »
Best store name ever - on a little shop in Inverness, Scotland:

"Telly on the blink"

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #1218 on: September 03, 2013, 08:15:00 AM »
I haven't read all the way, but I need to put these in before I forget!

When my sister and I were small, Mum used to take us to her sister's farm for holidays at least once a year. Partway there, we drove through steep, forested hills, and there was a sign that said WARNING: LOGGING TRUCKS. There was much giggling and discussion of the sneaky sneaky logging trucks that must be hiding up the hill to jump on small cars and squash them flat. ;D

Some years ago, when a certain person was the American president, you could guarantee seeing someone taking a photo of a particular intersection in my stepfather's home town. The intersection? Clinton Street and Faithful Street. >:D
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1219 on: September 03, 2013, 10:00:23 AM »
There's a driving school in town called "Leisure Driving School" Yeah, cause learning to drive is always a relaxing thing for the kid and parents!!  ::)

I still wince when I remember my oldest will be old enough to obtain a permit in 3 years.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

BarensMom

« Reply #1220 on: September 03, 2013, 10:45:09 AM »
I bought my current rug from MMM, so no laughing, people.

I made it to the Obama headline.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1221 on: September 03, 2013, 10:59:11 AM »
When we visited Governor's Island we were amused by a large sign on the dock when we left the free ferry. 

'Enjoy your day but do not plan on taking the last ferry off the island.'

blueyzca01

« Reply #1222 on: September 04, 2013, 02:34:55 PM »

Sorry...there was one sign that reads "After all these years, Lisa still loves D!ck."  I sent it to DH.  He approved.
No one ever says, "Why me?!?!" when something good happens.

cwm

« Reply #1223 on: September 04, 2013, 02:58:38 PM »
During countless summer vacations, we would drive through mountains. And there was a drive near our zoo where they'd have the same sign, "Falling Rock".

As kids, sis and I always thought it was so polite that just one would fall at a time rather than a huge avalanche. We actually made jokes about the one black sheep rock of the family being kicked off the cliffside for being loose.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1224 on: September 04, 2013, 03:56:04 PM »

Sorry...there was one sign that reads "After all these years, Lisa still loves D!ck."  I sent it to DH.  He approved.
I don't know how many pages back you have to go to find that sign.  I searched back to page 70 or so and still hadn't found it.

In the future, blueyzca01, may I suggest you quote the post to which you are referring so we have some context.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Mel the Redcap

« Reply #1225 on: September 05, 2013, 09:25:16 AM »
FailBlog is having a run of good signs this week!

(Signs generally safe, no guarantee about the comments :P)

http://cheezburger.com/7776237056
http://cheezburger.com/7776313856
http://cheezburger.com/6379267328
http://cheezburger.com/7769555456
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Mel the Redcap

« Reply #1226 on: September 05, 2013, 09:38:39 AM »

I don't know how many pages back you have to go to find that sign.  I searched back to page 70 or so and still hadn't found it.

In the future, blueyzca01, may I suggest you quote the post to which you are referring so we have some context.

It was one of the ones in the "can you get through this without giggling" link. :)
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Tini

« Reply #1227 on: September 05, 2013, 10:30:35 AM »
A sign I saw on a shopfront on my honeymoon in Goa many moons ago:

Antiques - manufacture and export

blueyzca01

« Reply #1228 on: September 05, 2013, 11:19:45 AM »

Thanks very much for the suggestion.
No one ever says, "Why me?!?!" when something good happens.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1229 on: September 09, 2013, 10:40:49 AM »
This isn't exactly a sign.  It's a menu.

We recently tried a Chinese restaurant in the neighborhood.  The menu was divided into 'Authentic' and 'Americanized'.