Author Topic: Signs that crack you up  (Read 189645 times)

basphillips

Re: Signs that crack you up
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2007, 07:16:02 PM »
 Elle , that's a question which will now haunt me as well. :)

mechtilde

• Super Hero!
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2007, 07:19:21 PM »
A firm of estate agents- called Dolittle & Dalley!
NE England

Elle

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2007, 07:52:24 PM »
My mom just reminded me of a vietnamese place we used to go to:
My Dung

They have since changed the name to My Ngoc.

Schmoopie3928

• I eat Paste
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2007, 08:23:00 AM »
Another Funny Movie Marquis a friend emailed me:

"Pirates"
"Knocked Up"
"Shrek"

kajunchick

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2007, 11:24:45 AM »

It may be a reference to the story in Matthew 14 where Jesus fed the crowd of five thousand with a few loaves and fishes...although I'm not sure what the difference between loaves and fishes would be. Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong story.  ???
Everybody in this family needs to just calm down and eat some fruit or something.

Schmoopie3928

• I eat Paste
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2007, 11:32:42 AM »

It may be a reference to the story in Matthew 14 where Jesus fed the crowd of five thousand with a few loaves and fishes...although I'm not sure what the difference between loaves and fishes would be. Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong story.  ???

Didn't it rain Loaves and Fishes?? Or am I not remembering my Sunday School Properly?

housewife2k

• Super Hero!
  • I want to be a Pirate AND a Ninja!
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2007, 11:34:11 AM »

Didn't it rain Loaves and Fishes?? Or am I not remembering my Sunday School Properly?
All I can figure is loaves just, well, loaf around, while fishes are active, but at the same time, people can drink like a fish, and ohhh...now I'm all frustrated again...curse you, Elle!!! >:D

LB

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2007, 11:41:14 AM »
On the sign of a local car wash and detail place:
"Total Liquidation! Every car must be washed!"

On the sign of a $5 pizza place just down the street:
"Don't make me stand on the corner with a sign."

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2007, 12:26:03 PM »
I saw a sign in a boutique window the other day that said "Solicitors will be asked to buy something they really don't want."

I also saw a sign that had me rolling with laughter while I was in China a couple years ago.  I'm very understanding of poor translations (although they can still be amusing), but this one was just priceless (I have a photo somewhere....).  It said "Making the well education system into each normal family."  The kicker?  The sign was an ad for the Golden Apple English School.

Anyone else see a sign lately that really cracked them up?
I still can't get over this sign for a real estate broker:  "Let us sell your house for less!"
Now I'm sure they meant less in terms of fees you would have to pay, but it sounded to me like they were offering to sell your house for, say, $150,000, instead of $190,000.  (Gee, thanks, Mr. Broker!)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 12:29:02 PM by jeaniuskc »
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Crazy Chicken Lady

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2007, 12:33:02 PM »
The park by my workplace has a sign posted on their fountains/wading pools "Warning Water Contains High Levels of Hydrogen" ??? Doesn't all water?

Elle

« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2007, 02:28:44 PM »
The park by my workplace has a sign posted on their fountains/wading pools "Warning Water Contains High Levels of Hydrogen" ??? Doesn't all water?

LOL - I once passed out flyers in my college, warning the students of the dangerously high levels of Oxygen Dihydride in the water supply.

I know, I shouldn't pick on the activist freshman, but it was really funny to see them getting worked up about WATER in the water supply.

Schmoopie3928

• I eat Paste
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2007, 03:01:47 PM »
Speaking Of Church Marquis, I remember seeing one about a year ago on an old southern Baptist church in Backwoods, GA. For some reason it cracked me up!

"Exposure to the Son will Prevent Burning"

It took me a second to get it, and I got the giggles forever about it.

LB

« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2007, 03:05:29 PM »
I thought of another one. DH and I are in a car club and went to an out of town show one year. This show is a HUGE deal in the small town it takes place in. There were messages on business signs all over welcoming us to town.
The most clever, I thought, was the sign at the real estate office:

"Welcome Hot Rodders! We sell garages with attached houses!"

sooverit

• :(
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2007, 03:33:10 PM »
A couple of weeks ago i passed a sign that read:  "Steal This Sign!"  I'm still scratching my head.

My all time favorite was a side by side bill board in my town. If you read the lines straight across it was funny.  On the left was an ad for an accident attorney and on the right was an ad for the maternity ward at a local hospital.  when read straight across both signs said, "Accidents Happen" and then "Hello, Baby!"  DF and I still laugh about it sometimes.   :P

Wulfie

• I'm so pretty! Oh so pretty! - Morgan the Cat
    • Unique Weddings for Unique Couples
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2007, 03:38:59 PM »
In a single building "professional plaza" down the street from my father, Oriental restaurant, doctor's office, funeral home. You do not want to know some of the jokes that Dad has made about it.