Author Topic: Signs that crack you up  (Read 224775 times)

jais

• Super Hero!
  • Two Friends. Two Hearts. One Promise. One Love.
Re: Signs that crack you up
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2007, 03:40:55 PM »
In a single building "professional plaza" down the street from my father, Oriental restaurant, doctor's office, funeral home. You do not want to know some of the jokes that Dad has made about it.

Throw in a vet's office and my family would have a GREAT time with your dad!  >:D

extranormal

« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2007, 03:43:11 PM »
"
Pirates"
"Knocked Up"
"Shrek"

Heh. I saw a picture of another:

Nancy Drew
Knocked Up

Schmoopie3928

• I eat Paste
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2007, 03:44:30 PM »
In a single building "professional plaza" down the street from my father, Oriental restaurant, doctor's office, funeral home. You do not want to know some of the jokes that Dad has made about it.

Throw in a vet's office and my family would have a GREAT time with your dad!  >:D
How about a Vet and a Taxidermist?  ;D

Paper Roses

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2007, 05:35:06 PM »
My son noticed a funny billboard combination one time.  One side had a public service announcement encouraging people to talk to their kids about the dangers of alcohol.

And right next to it was an advertisement for vodka.
No, you can't, because you wishpishabonnyfish.

Calbrini

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2007, 06:12:12 PM »
We used to pass a pub called the Brown horse that had a menu outside on a chalkboard. The top line was Brown Horse and then the word 'soup'. My cousin used to think they actually served soup made from a brown horse.

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2007, 09:50:16 PM »
Has everyone seen those billboard trucks?  Maybe they're just a big city thing, but they're basically a billboard on a truck bed, that drives around town advertising for you.  One day, during some big event (I don't remember what it was), BF and I saw three driving past, one right after another.  #1 was a vodka ad, #2 was an ad for a well known strip club, and #3 was for a tattoo parlor.  We thought it was a very interesting combination :)

IndianInlaw

• Super Hero!
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2007, 09:29:51 AM »
I remember a newspaper article about a bus crash  in which several people were killed.  Next to it was an ad that read "Next time, take the bus".

Schmoopie3928

• I eat Paste
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2007, 10:13:46 AM »
I remember a newspaper article about a bus crash  in which several people were killed.  Next to it was an ad that read "Next time, take the bus".

OUCH!

IndianInlaw

• Super Hero!
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2007, 08:50:35 PM »
Oh good grief!

We were driving past the local "adult" video store.

The sign out front announced their back to school sale.

Ick! :P

kajunchick

« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2007, 10:20:41 AM »
Oh good grief!

We were driving past the local "adult" video store.

The sign out front announced their back to school sale.

Ick! :P

Ew, that's just....eww.  :-X
Everybody in this family needs to just calm down and eat some fruit or something.

skbenny

« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2007, 10:29:11 AM »
Another church sign:

XXXXXX Church of Jackson's Hole

(Another apostrophe gone wrong in Jackson Hole Wyoming or the sign is very old and the town used to be Jackson's Hole, either way we giggle every time we see the sign.)

kajunchick

« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2007, 10:35:25 AM »
There's a church sign I frequently pass that always cracks me up. It says Vatican Baptist Church. It's such an oxymoron, and I think there's actually not a Catholic Church in the community of Vatican!  ;D
Everybody in this family needs to just calm down and eat some fruit or something.

Crazy Chicken Lady

« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2007, 10:47:06 AM »
We have a megachurch in my area that's being built right beside an adult theatre/store.  Anyway, right off the interstate there's an enormous billboard for the theatre that says something like "XXX, peep shows," etc.  The problem is that the billboard has a huge arrow that used to point to the theatre.  Now that the church is being built, the church blocks the view of the theatre and the sign is about 10 feet from the church and the arrow now points directly to the new church.  I wonder if it will increase attendance. ;D

IndianInlaw

• Super Hero!
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2007, 10:50:36 AM »
More likely it will decrease attendance at the XXX shop.

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2007, 02:38:28 PM »
As promised-

The Golden Apple English school in Shanghai (I got the wording wrong in my original post):

And another fun one for all you smorkers out there, from the airport in Beijing: