Author Topic: Signs that crack you up  (Read 230006 times)

housewife2k

• Super Hero!
  • I want to be a Pirate AND a Ninja!
Re: Signs that crack you up
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2007, 02:44:22 PM »
I had to read that a few times to get that it said SmoRking, not smoking. I was jsut drooling over the thought of a room, inside a an airport, for smoking, especially in MN in the winter...

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2007, 02:45:39 PM »
I had to read that a few times to get that it said SmoRking, not smoking. I was jsut drooling over the thought of a room, inside a an airport, for smoking, especially in MN in the winter...

Well, see, they still haven't proven that smorking poses any health risks, so of course smorkers are allowed a room indoors  ;D

SkylerY

• I love my rat terrier!
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2007, 03:11:41 PM »
The price menu on the wall where my DD gets her hair cut:

Kids: $11.00
Wiggly Kids: $13.00

Bibliophile

• May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2007, 03:27:16 PM »
There's one "store" here, but I'm not sure if it's a restaurant, grocery or store, but if you pronounce the name by what it looks like, to me it looks like "my dung".

“Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.” ~ Groucho Marx

SkylerY

• I love my rat terrier!
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2007, 03:44:07 PM »
I actually once attended the *name withheld* Defensive Driving & DUI Academy.  For the defensive driving part to lower my insurance.  However, my then-boyfriend cracked up when he saw the second part of the sign, "What's the first course?  Touch your Nose 101?"

Amusing.

~ Cristen

FUNKIEFAIRY

« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2007, 06:57:11 PM »
I once saw a sign that said "Now Accepting Applications from Intelligent, Fully-functioning Life Forms! Ability to follow directions and Read a MUST!" I about wrecked the car laughing!! ;D

My Mom sent me this photo:

Clara Bow

• Super Hero!
  • I gotta go.
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2007, 11:23:50 AM »
I have a few.
"SLOW CHILDREN PLAYING" My brother stole one of these (he went through a roadsign larceny period, he had "no dumping" over his toilet) and said that he was writing a letter to the governor about how mean it was to point out that the children were slow. Commas would help, people!

"Pick a Flick" video store. The problem? The "L" was way too close to the I, and it was in all caps. It looked like you were picking something else.....

"Caution, Blinding Sun" on the side of the road near our bridge. Umm....ooooookay.

Braille on drivethru ATM's.

"Need to Learn to Read? Let **** Adult Literacy Center Help!" How are they going to read the ad?
I have finally found the bar I can't get thrown out of....

Paper Roses

« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2007, 05:25:30 PM »
When we were on our honeymoon in Hawaii, we came a cross a road sign near the volcano on the Big Island.  It said "Fumes may be harmful to people with heart or lung disorders" and it had a drawing of a generic person keeling over from inhaling fumes out of a steam vent.

I took a picture of it and had it made into an 8X10.  It has been conspicuously hanging in our bathroom ever since.
No, you can't, because you wishpishabonnyfish.

Elle

« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2007, 05:27:53 PM »
Saw one today that cracked me up.
It was on a car that was obviously a company car. Still, it was a little unnerving to realize the Nissan driving next to me had the words 'Crash Research' emblazoned on the side . . . .

geordicat

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2007, 05:55:18 PM »
I have a few.
"SLOW CHILDREN PLAYING" My brother stole one of these (he went through a roadsign larceny period, he had "no dumping" over his toilet) and said that he was writing a letter to the governor about how mean it was to point out that the children were slow. Commas would help, people!

"Pick a Flick" video store. The problem? The "L" was way too close to the I, and it was in all caps. It looked like you were picking something else.....

"Caution, Blinding Sun" on the side of the road near our bridge. Umm....ooooookay.

Braille on drivethru ATM's.

"Need to Learn to Read? Let **** Adult Literacy Center Help!" How are they going to read the ad?

That's right u there with the "Illiterate?  Call XXX-XXX-XXXX" that I saw in Spokane.
Light travels faster than sound.  That's why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

ItZWhoUKnow

• I can't re-
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2007, 06:14:41 PM »
I live in Germany and get many fliers in my mailbox for German/Italian furniture companies that cater to service members. This was on one of them...

"Free one night stand with bed purchase"

I was also at a store the other day (drugstore type) and I received some free samples of shampoo and feminine hygiene products...The shampoo description was all in German but the product name was "Straight and Easy"..On the inside of the package was a picture of a guy and next to his picture were the words Straight and Easy. I assume it was the "creator" or some semi-famous hairdresser to the Stars that endorses the product....He was as bald as Mr. Clean.
But it's never too late to correct the faults so many others made ~Midtown

Paper Roses

« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2007, 05:20:07 PM »
I saw this today and immediately thought of this thread:

There's an ice cream shop in my town that's been open for a few years now.  I drove by it today and there was a big sign outside proclaiming, "Now Serving Food."

So, the ice cream you've been serving for the past few years isn't edible?
No, you can't, because you wishpishabonnyfish.

snoopygirl

• everybody loves an irish girl
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2007, 06:37:51 PM »

There's an ice cream shop in my town that's been open for a few years now.  I drove by it today and there was a big sign outside proclaiming, "Now Serving Food."

All the stores in my area have signs that say No food drink or ice cream. It has me scratching my head. Isn't ice cream a food? At least it was the last time I checked.

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2007, 06:46:09 PM »

All the stores in my area have signs that say No food drink or ice cream. It has me scratching my head. Isn't ice cream a food? At least it was the last time I checked.

That's strangely specific, isn't it?  I wonder why they chose ice cream to single out....

zoidberg

« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2007, 06:48:16 PM »
Not a sign, but the graffiti on the house near my friends inner-city flat:

"The city made me do this!"

Hmmmm, okay.