Author Topic: Signs that crack you up  (Read 214157 times)

Scritzy

• Please do not adjust your set.
  • Super Hero!
  • Passing through the iris of the world ...
Re: Signs that crack you up
« Reply #150 on: January 09, 2008, 09:37:10 PM »
When speed bumps were first installed in my neighborhood, Chip went past one of the signs that said "Hump," and I said, "Is that an order?"

He almost drove off the road.
Dragons

SC
It will pass. Or not.

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #151 on: January 09, 2008, 09:38:05 PM »
If you think the Road Humps signs are bad, you should check out our alley sometime.  We have "Speed Humps Ahead."  ;D

Free Butt Rub with Green Egg?  They had to know how hilarious that was when they put that sign up...  

jh

« Reply #152 on: January 10, 2008, 12:34:31 AM »
"Please use other side of door."  Uhhh -- I kind of need to get in first.

Mayor Maynot

• Happily Frazzled Mommy of 2 Precious Girls
« Reply #153 on: January 10, 2008, 11:17:47 AM »
On the center of Long Island there's a place called "Half Way Motel."   I guess it's for illicit lovers who don't want to go ALL the way?    ???

Or for people in half-way houses who are on vacation?

Or Perhaps the maids only half clean? Or the service is "Half- arsed?"   >:D

I wonder if it's related to a certain hotel in Alaska that my friend went to... Skinny wingadingdingy's Halfway Inn.
http://www.skinnydicksak.com/

That... that is some url.

I was gonna say that too!!! --- wow!

Scritzy

• Super Hero!
« Reply #154 on: January 10, 2008, 11:21:52 AM »
Holy moley! Did you check out some of the gift store items?  :o :-[
Dragons

SC
It will pass. Or not.

geordicat

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #155 on: January 10, 2008, 11:33:57 AM »

I'm afraid to look.... I'm at work.
Light travels faster than sound.  That's why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

housewife2k

• Super Hero!
  • I want to be a Pirate AND a Ninja!
« Reply #156 on: January 10, 2008, 11:37:52 AM »

I'm afraid to look.... I'm at work.
just don't click on adult novelties, whatever you do  :o  :o  :o

Gyburc

« Reply #157 on: January 11, 2008, 11:33:49 AM »
Many years ago, while a group of us were visiting a small seaside town in Wales, we got dinner from the 'Carousel' fish & chip shop. It faced the fairground, which was probably why they had chosen that name... but unfortunately, they couldn't spell too well. Added to this, the lights on the 'C' had failed, giving:

'arousal'

Somewhere at home I still have photographic evidence...

When you look into the photocopier, the photocopier also looks into you

divinity224

« Reply #158 on: January 17, 2008, 02:20:55 PM »
A gun shop in Eugene, Oregon called S&M Guns.  They had a sign in their parking lot for "S&M Parking Only".  You bet I got a picture of that!

PeasNCues

• Mind your PeasNCues!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #159 on: January 17, 2008, 03:11:25 PM »
"Warning - Dog can't hold his liquor" (get it, licker haha... took my sister a year and a half)

"Warning, trespassers will be attacked by a tiger" and below it: "No, we're serious." and below it: "REAL tigers!" It was at some kind of rehabilitation place for tigers that were once pets.

In large letters: "Warning: The edges of this sign are sharp! Do not Touch!" In small letters below that: "Oh, and the bridge is out."

Somewhere on a NC highway: "Bat Cave: exit 1/4m" My sister and I would beg to see Batman (coolest superhero ever) and then ask why Batman needed directions. And how he was going to keep his secret hideout secret if he posted signs.

And the ever popular: "Road wet when raining"... I wish I had gotten a picture.
'I shall sit here quietly by the fire for a bit, and perhaps go out later for a sniff of air.  Mind your Ps and Qs, and don't forget that you are supposed to be escaping in secret, and are still on the high-road and not very far from the Shire!' -FOTR

http://inanitiesofanidlemind.blogspot.com/

housewife2k

• Super Hero!
  • I want to be a Pirate AND a Ninja!
« Reply #160 on: January 17, 2008, 03:15:44 PM »
"Warning - Dog can't hold his liquor" (get it, licker haha... took my sister a year and a half)

"Warning, trespassers will be attacked by a tiger" and below it: "No, we're serious." and below it: "REAL tigers!" It was at some kind of rehabilitation place for tigers that were once pets.

In large letters: "Warning: The edges of this sign are sharp! Do not Touch!" In small letters below that: "Oh, and the bridge is out."

Somewhere on a NC highway: "Bat Cave: exit 1/4m" My sister and I would beg to see Batman (coolest superhero ever) and then ask why Batman needed directions. And how he was going to keep his secret hideout secret if he posted signs.

And the ever popular: "Road wet when raining"... I wish I had gotten a picture.
Was that in the mountains, by any chance?
When the ex and I, years ago, were moving to CA for his job, we drove. While in the mountains near the northern half of CA, we saw a sign that cautioned "Warning, roads may we bet or slipperry when raining or freezing" We were unable to get a pic, though, because it was at night, andraining, and the road was slick!

Scritzy

• Super Hero!
« Reply #161 on: January 17, 2008, 04:02:11 PM »
Bat Cave is indeed in the NC mountains, but Chip and I have been there and I have yet to see a bat, much less a cave. Nice gift shop there, though.

It drives Chip crazy because every time we pass the sign, I flap my arms like bat wings. I told him it was a tradition since my childhood, and I'm not about to stop now. ;)
Dragons

SC
It will pass. Or not.

skbenny

« Reply #162 on: January 17, 2008, 05:44:33 PM »
Bat Cave is indeed in the NC mountains, but Chip and I have been there and I have yet to see a bat, much less a cave. Nice gift shop there, though.

It drives Chip crazy because every time we pass the sign, I flap my arms like bat wings. I told him it was a tradition since my childhood, and I'm not about to stop now. ;)

Would that be bat poo crazy? >:D

Scritzy

• Super Hero!
« Reply #163 on: January 17, 2008, 06:38:24 PM »

Would that be bat poo crazy? >:D

LOL!! Indeed it would! :D
Dragons

SC
It will pass. Or not.

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #164 on: January 17, 2008, 11:09:49 PM »
It wasn't funny so much as out of place, but today I saw a decorated road sign.  I was waiting for the bus, and I looked up and saw a normal white "no turn on red" (or something like that) sign, and someone had taken a marker and drawn a few pretty little decorative swirls in the upper left hand corner.  It looked pretty nice, maybe I'll suggest it to my alderman ;)