Author Topic: "No" on match.com  (Read 17992 times)

behindbj

Re: "No" on match.com
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2007, 11:07:25 PM »
Good for you!

(I'd be tempted to tell him we were not a match because I could never date someone who says, "I have two jobs that pay really good.")

Actually, I would have hit the delete button at "princess."

behindbj

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2007, 11:21:09 PM »
Good for you!

(I'd be tempted to tell him we were not a match because I could never date someone who says, "I have two jobs that pay really good.")

behindbj

Yes, that too.

TorreyGlory

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2007, 01:52:45 AM »
Bravo!  You did well.  I did the online dating thing too (way back when) and used to hate hate hate it when someone was pushy!

Redhead

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2007, 01:56:58 AM »
How exactly could someone be a purchasing manager for a port AND an airline pilot? Don't both of those jobs involve pretty heavy time commitments?

hes really a ninja but cant tell anyone....... >:D

(and I had exactly the same thought as Twik - exactly how does he maintain those two jobs successfully?)

Raintree

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2007, 02:30:24 AM »
I don't see why he thinks his jobs automatically make him a good catch. What about his personality, likes and dislikes, hobbies, interests, sense of humour, looks, and charm?

Stormtreader

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2007, 05:19:15 AM »
By day an ordinary pilot.
But by night he is.....Purchasing Man!  :D

CrayonOutlines

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2007, 08:30:05 AM »

I TOTALLY agree!  I HATE it when guys mention royalty ("Single man seeking my queen" or "Prince Charming looking for princess").  BLEAH.  And I was gonna say something about it in my response to him, but I know better than to give people things to argue about.  Guess with this guy, it didn't matter -- he'd argue anything.  Plus, I found it offensive that he automatically assumed that it was because his race is different than mine -- why would he want to date me or to even continue to talk to me if he thought I was racist?!?!

Anyway, I like to follow the Golden Rule, which is why I respond.  Most guys, if they respond at all, thank me for being kind enough to not ignore them.

And the rest of y'all are cracking me up!!!!  Flying Ninja Purchasing Man!!!!!  Able to surreptitiously buy things from multiple locations in a single day!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 09:24:13 AM by Courtney »

Stormtreader

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2007, 08:37:01 AM »
You reach for the H14 purchasing order forms......but theyre gone!
Drat you, Purchasing Ninja!

Ok, now im imagining shuiken made from sellotaping biros together :D

geordicat

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2007, 09:22:08 AM »
Ha!  Just used this today.  A guy on Match.com e-mailed me, but I wasn't interested.  But he persisted.  Here's our exchange, which took place over a series of days:

HIM:
good morning princess!

ME:
Hi,

Thanks for contacting me, but I don't think we're a match.

Good luck with your search!

: )

HIM:
and why is that? race??

ME:
Nope. That's not it.

HIM:
well tell me what i'm doing wrong? i think i'm a great catch. i have two jobs that pay really good. i'm a purchasing manager for the port of BigCity and i'm a pilot for BigAirline. i see you were from OtherCity i'm from NearbyCity

ME:
There's nothing WRONG with you -- we're just not a match.

Sorry. : (

HIM:
how did you came up with that?

ME:
Look, I'm trying to be nice, but you're making it hard for me to remain that way. No one has ever complained/whined/questioned/bullied me into dating him. "No" is a complete sentence. Give it up.

uh... being called princess right off the bat is a BIG turn off for me.   That's an automatic NO in my book.
Light travels faster than sound.  That's why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

caranfin

• Super Hero!
  • I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords.
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2007, 09:33:58 AM »
I don't know, maybe he's gotten so many rejections he's wondering what on earth is wrong with him, so he askes for some feedback. I don't know date sites, but wouldn't that be a nice thing to do ('I had a look at your profile but i think we're a little too different'), or is it not done?

I know 'no' is a full sentence, but wouldn't it be just a little friendlier? It seems like such a cold brush off, otherwise. (I haven't dated in a long time though, so don't really know the ropes...)

Sorry, but that exchange wasn't a man puzzled about why he wasn't a match. That's a man who believes that women can be bullied into doing anything, if he keeps poking at them for explanations.

Bullied and guilted. "Is it because of race?" Oooh, better go out with him to prove I'm not a racist!  ::)
He was not at all afraid to be killed in nasty ways.

strawbabies

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2007, 02:12:10 PM »
How exactly could someone be a purchasing manager for a port AND an airline pilot? Don't both of those jobs involve pretty heavy time commitments?
That was my thought exactly.  I'm a student pilot, and know several people who are going into the airlines.  Actually, I just lost my instructor becasuse he got a job with the regionals. 

A professional pilot (with an airline) would not have the time for another job, nor the need for one.  They make a very good living.  I think this guy is full of it, and the OP was smart to get rid of him.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2007, 04:31:21 PM »
We have a friend who is an airline pilot and plays guitar in a blues band.  The band can't take many gigs because his pilot schedule has him out of town a couple nights a week.  I can't imagine how anyone could be a fulltime airline pilot and hold down another full time 9-5 M-F job.  It's just not possible: The schedules conflict.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2007, 04:34:02 PM »
"that pay pretty good"?

How about "which pay pretty well"?

Nothing impresses like poor grammar! ::)

Mr Pushy...purchasing agent by day...

pilot by night!

Would that make Mr. Pushy a fly-by-night port purchasing agent? >:D
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Wulfie

• I'm so pretty! Oh so pretty! - Morgan the Cat
    • Unique Weddings for Unique Couples
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2007, 04:43:42 PM »
Here is one thing that would worry me. Doesn't Match.com match you with the "perfect" person based on some sort of test that you take? (Never used the service just have heard the commericals.)

I would think twice about a service that would think someone like that would be a match for me!

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2007, 04:55:20 PM »
I love being called Princess (but don't feel the need to have him contact me). 

1. Because you have two jobs I don't see that you would have time for me in the manner I am accustomed to.  2. Because you asked me if I was a bigot in a roundabout way.  3. Because you have now made me feel uncomfortable.  4.  Because I never met a Ninja Pilot/Purchasing agent that wasn't a stuck up snob...what difference does it make, no means NO.