News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• July 25, 2016, 07:37:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Trader Joe's Thrown-Down  (Read 6340 times)

AngelicGamer

Re: Trader Joe's Thrown-Down
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2016, 08:39:37 PM »
Ours is two blocks from my house.  A sidewalk takes you right there.  We can walk. 
Ours is also in a strip mall type shopping center.  Parking galore.
Jealous?   >:D

Eh... I can get to mine via bus and short walk.  ;)  The parking lot is nice /and/ by a Michaels, Office Max, and Petsmart.  Fun for all!  Said shopping mall used to have a Borders, that I worked at, but that went away before the TJs was even a thought.

Runningstar

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2016, 09:17:16 AM »
Ours is two blocks from my house.  A sidewalk takes you right there.  We can walk. 
Ours is also in a strip mall type shopping center.  Parking galore.
Jealous?   >:D

:) Green w/envy!!

Nice job Adelaide, and maybe it will occur to her to be more polite!

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2016, 09:40:57 AM »
Ours in Winter Park has a terrible parking and traffic layout.

The one in Orlando is okay, but I'm not thrilled that they bought a community church and tore it down to build.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

crella

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2016, 07:06:01 PM »
Sounds like a good use of IATWBP to me!

This woman would probably have a fit at my Trader Joes.  They currently have a run on cauliflower "rice" to the point where there is a waiting list.  You leave your phone # and when it comes in they call you and you have 6 hours to pick it up or it goes to someone else.  I could imagine this lady expecting them to hold her order for a month until she visits again!

Granted it can fly around a bit, but you can make it yourself easily. I have a small, not very powerful Japanese food processor so there's no danger of it pureeing,  I just keep cutting till it's really tiny. I'll never have the option of Trader Joe's so the locally grown cauliflower and the food processor it is! I've heard you can do it in a blender but have never tried it.

Minmom3

• Not super patient these days.
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2016, 03:47:05 PM »

The one in Orlando is okay, but I'm not thrilled that they bought a community church and tore it down to build.

Eh, they couldn't have done that if the church hadn't sold to them.  Maybe the church wanted or needed to move anyway.  Maybe the money is a good infusion into their reserves.  Maybe they only rented, and it was inevitable...
Double MIL now; not yet a Grandma.  Owner of Lard Butt Noelle, kitteh extraordinaire!  True fact: Eggs can be just as hard to unload as zucchini!

Peppergirl

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2016, 03:48:57 PM »

Absolutely horrendous!

Mommyoops

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2016, 06:58:15 PM »
Well done! I find the parking at the Mountain View, CA Trader Joes to be most agreeable actually.

Minmom3

• Not super patient these days.
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2016, 08:12:57 PM »
You must time it MUCH better than I do...
Double MIL now; not yet a Grandma.  Owner of Lard Butt Noelle, kitteh extraordinaire!  True fact: Eggs can be just as hard to unload as zucchini!

holly firestorm

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2016, 05:06:33 PM »
Lets see - I've been to all of these.

TJ's Cupertino - awful parking.
TJ's Taylor and Coleman - bad parking
TJ's Mtn View - bad parking
TJ's Santa Cruz downtown- poor parking
TJ's Santa Cruz by Capitola Mall - good parking!!
TJ's Sunnyvale - poor parking
TJ's Westwood Blvd, L A - Shares lot with Chase Bank - parking's usually OK except when the attendants don't stop a couple of entitled a-holes (probably like that woman who wanted Adelaide's vindaloo) parking way over the line and thus: taking two spots.
TJ's Sepulveda & Palms, L A -Shares lot with CVS - parking there can be OK to horrible.
TJ's Robertson's Blvd, Culver City - attached to a Parking Structure, parking's usually OK, but you might have to go to another level.

Adelaide, good for you! I would have told her about the other TJ's in the area and suggested she ask the managers for more locations.  If she made some excuse about how inconvenient it would be for her, I'd raise my eyebrows and ask, "and what do you think I'd have to do? Are you implying my time is less important than yours?"

LadyJaneinMD

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2016, 11:28:30 AM »

TJ's in Columbia, Maryland - not bad parking!
TJ's in Silver Spring, Maryland - horrible parking!

FauxFoodist

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2016, 01:33:26 PM »
The TJ's around the corner from my work has a horrible parking lot (less than a mile).  It's way too tiny for their needs so parking is a nightmare.  We usually don't go there.  We end up going to the one that's 5-7 miles from our house where the TJ's is in a shopping center with a really big parking lot (and plenty of parking close by all the time).

I could see DH being intimidated into giving that woman what she demanded if he were by himself.  With me to contend with, he'd be anxious and explaining it was for his wife so he couldn't give it to her.  If I were there, I think I would've not taken her seriously and, if she persisted, said, "No, I'm buying it."

artk2002

• The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2016, 11:05:23 PM »

TJ's Westwood Blvd, L A - Shares lot with Chase Bank - parking's usually OK except when the attendants don't stop a couple of entitled a-holes (probably like that woman who wanted Adelaide's vindaloo) parking way over the line and thus: taking two spots.
TJ's Sepulveda & Palms, L A -Shares lot with CVS - parking there can be OK to horrible.
TJ's Robertson's Blvd, Culver City - attached to a Parking Structure, parking's usually OK, but you might have to go to another level.

Are you my neighbor?

The one at Westwood and National started life as a Pronto Market. They've actually expanded the parking, although I haven't been there since they added the Chase. The Culver City one used to be at Washinton and Madison/Clarington (now a Wells Fargo Bank); it has about 12 parking spaces. The Ince lot is much nicer, even if you have to go upstairs; it's also convenient if you go to the Tuesday afternoon farmer's market on Main. The one in Westchester has decent parking as well. It's on Sepulveda just south of Manchester (park in the back.) There's another TJ's going into Culver City. It'll be in the Westfield Mall parking lot (used to be the JC Penny Home Store.) It's close to Slauson Ave.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.