News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• August 30, 2016, 02:47:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Trader Joe's Thrown-Down  (Read 8681 times)

GoodyGoody

Re: Trader Joe's Thrown-Down
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2016, 10:05:35 AM »
TJ's in Beaverton, Oregon:  Part of a large mall with a large parking area.  Never been inside, as I live a good 10 miles through Beaverton traffic from there, and both times I was in the vicinity I was going to dinner at the Olive Garden in the parking lot.  However, we've found a place we like better, and so haven't been back to Olive Garden in years.

I shop at the Lake Oswego store, even tho' it's 20+ miles from my house, it's only about 7 miles from work and I can sho ppl at off hours when the traffic isn't atrocious. The paradox I've found is that the easier the store is to get to, the more horrible the parking lot, and the stores with nice, ample parking are the ones that you have to drive through hellacious snarls of traffic to get to. And of course some have both horrendous parking *and* traffic, but I've yet to find a TJ's that has neither. But it doesn't matter because it is my favorite place to shop and I buy at least 80% of my groceries there.

RevMaxx

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2016, 10:05:34 AM »

""Do you know they have something called Bacon Jam?   The mind boggles. ""

I don't know about Trader Joe's brand(s) as I've never set foot inside one.
Since I "jam" anything, my dear co-bacon-fiend friend begged me to make
bacon jam for her.  I found a recipe on the 'net.  It was glorious, I must do it again.

What sign was I born under you ask? Under the sign, "No Parking".

Minmom3

• Not super patient these days.
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2016, 10:31:16 PM »
Purely for the sake of your personal development, you should step inside one.  The things they do that I like, I like better than anybody's elses effort in the same category.  There is a lot they do that I don't care for, but that's the glory of a grocery store - I buy what I like and can afford, and walk away from the rest of it!
Double MIL now; not yet a Grandma.  Owner of Lard Butt Noelle, kitteh extraordinaire!  True fact: Eggs can be just as hard to unload as zucchini!

lisastitch

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2016, 02:09:29 AM »
Lets see - I've been to all of these.

TJ's Cupertino - awful parking.
TJ's Taylor and Coleman - bad parking
TJ's Mtn View - bad parking
TJ's Santa Cruz downtown- poor parking
TJ's Santa Cruz by Capitola Mall - good parking!!
TJ's Sunnyvale - poor parking
TJ's Westgate West has a nice big parking lot--never had a oroblem
TJ's Pruneyard in Campbell--good lot, though the parking right in front is tight. I usually find a spot fairly nearby.
I won't go to the Cupertino store-- too much of a headache!

Peppergirl

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2016, 11:45:29 AM »
The common theme with TJ's across the US seems to be..bad parking.  I wonder why.  ???

Hmmmmm

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2016, 12:05:29 PM »
The two TJ's near me have perfectly fine parking. But they are newer stores and our city has pretty high parking space requirements. I think it's 5 spaces per 1000 sq ft.

Peppergirl

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2016, 12:49:47 PM »
I guess it really does depend.  There is one about 45 miles north of me that's in a larger shopping plaza, so even if it's crowded there's always a space.

There is one that LadyKnight referred to upthread, I think - that I've also been to (well, tried) and the parking situation is absolutely horrendous.  Small, somewhat newly built (I think) little shopping plaza and an absolute dearth of available parking spaces.  I don't live nearby, but I'm down in that area there quite a bit and have tried twice. Each time there has been literally no spaces. :(  I'm not patient enough to idle in my car, waiting for a free space. I like TJs, but not enough for that.  ;D

Back where I'm from in Ohio, the TJ was freestanding but had plenty of parking.

Danika

• I'm not speeding. I'm qualifying.
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2016, 03:11:29 PM »
I just got back from Trader Joe's. I was thinking about this thread while I was there. :)