News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• July 07, 2015, 07:14:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 50/50 Draws  (Read 2213 times)

MOM21SON

Re: 50/50 Draws
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2015, 06:19:58 PM »
I have always donated my winnings back.  When I attend a benefit, it is because there is a need.  My friends and I all buy tickets and I can count on one hand the number of things we have kept.  Haircut, no thanks, I have my own hairdresser.  Wine, I don't drink wine.  50/50?  One time it was 75 bucks and once it was 200 range, we have always just donated it back. 

With that said, we always know who or what the benefit is for.  We don't "blindly" attend.  We have a great time eating and drinking and seeing friends.  We aren't there to win money or anything.  We are happy leaving with empty pockets.

Sorry, I left out my reason for posting.  There should not be pressure to give it back and to pressure someone is rude.  And there is nothing wrong with keeping it.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 06:22:22 PM by MOM21SON »

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2015, 07:41:49 PM »
I have always donated my winnings back.  When I attend a benefit, it is because there is a need.  My friends and I all buy tickets and I can count on one hand the number of things we have kept.  Haircut, no thanks, I have my own hairdresser.  Wine, I don't drink wine.  50/50?  One time it was 75 bucks and once it was 200 range, we have always just donated it back. 

With that said, we always know who or what the benefit is for.  We don't "blindly" attend.  We have a great time eating and drinking and seeing friends.  We aren't there to win money or anything.  We are happy leaving with empty pockets.

Sorry, I left out my reason for posting.  There should not be pressure to give it back and to pressure someone is rude.  And there is nothing wrong with keeping it.

There is a need--but that's what the other 50% is for. The cause gets half and the winner gets half. The winner gets a prize and the org gets probably more money than they'd have made without the incentive, win/win.

MOM21SON

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2015, 08:11:33 PM »

There is a need--but that's what the other 50% is for. The cause gets half and the winner gets half. The winner gets a prize and the org gets probably more money than they'd have made without the incentive, win/win.

If that that you like to do, there is nothing wrong with that.