Author Topic: Health food again..... *Sigh*  (Read 8594 times)

emeraldsage85

• Proud auntie of Owen!
Health food again..... *Sigh*
« on: October 01, 2007, 08:52:18 PM »
You all probably remember the health food nuts from my previous post (I used a different N word to describe them but I will call them nuts here because of previous objections).

I normally try to avoid the health food nuts like that plague but I got stuck doing group work with one of them today in school. She said, "I hope class is over soon. I have to go to the bathroom." I said, "You and me both."

Health food nut surveyed my appearance and I could tell she was thinking about my weight. She said,"You go to the bathroom an awful lot. You probably have diabetes."

I was tested recently for everything under the sun and I don't have diabetes. Rather than explain that though I said, "What an interesting assumption. Did you find any information about X in the textbook?"

I'm so proud of myself for using the E-hell phrase!  ;D

Lisbeth

• I am a rock, I am an island
  • A Pillar of the Forum
  • a/k/a KeenReader
Re: Health food again..... *Sigh*
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 08:56:31 PM »
How did Health Food Nut respond to The Line?

Did she get the true message?
I'm away from sanity right now...please leave a message after the beep.
NYC

emeraldsage85

• Proud auntie of Owen!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 09:01:01 PM »
She didn't say anything but I think that's because I managed to distract her.

AmethystAnne

• mom, grandmother, and an enthusaistic knitter & crocheter (formerly Laura___)
  • So much yarn, not nearly enough time! :D
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 09:32:32 PM »
Good for you!

You also distracted her with another version of "Have some bean dip"

LiveLoveLearn

• The Girl Next Door
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 10:11:09 PM »
Awesome!  Congrats!

It's become like a support group around here and I like that  ;D

livluvlaf

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 11:12:26 AM »
Wow - I'm diabetic ... and I think she was rude! To me that's like telling someone with a headache they might have a tumour.  She's lucky to have said it to you! I know it breaches any sense of politeness, but I would have laughed out loud and replied:

"Holy Hypocondriac! I'm not a doctor - but I'm pretty certain getting my period doesn't lead to becoming diabetic.".

« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 11:24:24 AM by livluvlaf »

illa_nell

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 04:43:46 PM »
You all probably remember the health food nuts from my previous post (I used a different N word to describe them but I will call them nuts here because of previous objections).

<takes a deep breath of relief>  Oh my.  When I first read that I thought of a totally different N word than the one I later figured out you had been using. 

All I could think was "holy sweet peas, what does THAT word have to do with pushing health food?"

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 04:52:55 PM »

<takes a deep breath of relief>  Oh my.  When I first read that I thought of a totally different N word than the one I later figured out you had been using. 

All I could think was "holy sweet peas, what does THAT word have to do with pushing health food?"

Enlighten me.  Because the N word I was thinking of is, I think, the wrong one as well.

magicdomino

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 05:10:33 PM »

Enlighten me.  Because the N word I was thinking of is, I think, the wrong one as well.

The N word that the OP referred to was the one that means German Facists.

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 05:15:48 PM »
The word is nazi.

It's not a dirty word.  In the traditional sense.

emeraldsage85

• Proud auntie of Owen!
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2007, 07:19:23 PM »
Yes, it was Nazi. But I got lots of objections to it my last post. I didn't know if I should say it here so I just called it the N word.

freakyfemme

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2007, 08:28:01 PM »

Don't worry, Dotty.....it wasn't the six-letter N-word that ends with "R."

princess91765

• A royal pain...
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2007, 11:53:22 AM »

Don't worry, Dotty.....it wasn't the six-letter N-word that ends with "R."

Oh, thank goodness! Because that's what I was thinking too!

Clara Bow

• Super Hero!
  • I gotta go.
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2007, 12:16:08 AM »
I was trying to figure out what a racial slur would have to do with health food as well....another sign I need to get offline and go to bed.
I have finally found the bar I can't get thrown out of....

jais

• Super Hero!
  • Two Friends. Two Hearts. One Promise. One Love.
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2007, 02:19:52 AM »
Have you figured out what is mentally wrong with these girls yet????