Etiquette School is in session! > "What an interesting assumption."

The Care Package... and "the line".

(1/15) > >>

TorreyGlory:
I was talking to some friends of mine the other day, and one of them mentioned that she'd met a fellow expatriate who was going through a bout of homesickness.  She was so touched by his plight that she wanted to send him a care package and wondered what to put in it.  The rest of us put forward some suggestions - mainly "goodies" like candy and cookies.

Suddenly, another friend announced out of the blue, "Seriously, you guys must eat a lot of garbage."

I said, "That's an interesting assumption.  We're talking about a care package, not a healthy meal!" 

Raintree:
Perfect!!!

And I really can't see how sending goodies in a care package automatically equates to "I eat a lot of junk."

wellisawstar:

--- Quote from: Raintree on October 02, 2007, 02:36:05 AM ---Perfect!!!

And I really can't see how sending goodies in a care package automatically equates to "I eat a lot of junk."

--- End quote ---

Yeah! It's not like you're sending the care package because it's the only food your friend can eat! I'm sure that person will eat it in moderation.

RubySlippers:
A care package would be for the foods that a person really misses.  Nobody misses vegetables.  They miss the fun stuff.  Cadbury chocolate would help a homesick
Brit more than anything healthy.

Shortcake:

--- Quote from: MrsYoungie on October 02, 2007, 08:08:13 AM ---A care package would be for the foods that a person really misses.  Nobody misses vegetables.  They miss the fun stuff.  Cadbury chocolate would help a homesick
Brit more than anything healthy.

--- End quote ---

ITA, That is the whole point of a care package!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version