Author Topic: Kitchen Tips  (Read 4692 times)

Bibliophile

• May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.
  • Super Hero!
Re: Kitchen Tips
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2007, 04:54:59 PM »
In anyone watches Alton Brown,  do you have any idea how to create his electric drill/pepper grinder?  I want that thing so badly.

I don't know, but he has a book "Alton Brown's Gear for Your Kitchen," you could always go to your local bookstore/library and take a peek (I wasn't able to find the directions online)!

“Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.” ~ Groucho Marx

Elle

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2007, 04:57:40 PM »
In anyone watches Alton Brown,  do you have any idea how to create his electric drill/pepper grinder?  I want that thing so badly.

I don't know, but he has a book "Alton Brown's Gear for Your Kitchen," you could always go to your local bookstore/library and take a peek (I wasn't able to find the directions online)!

Ooooh, he also has the BEST book on baking ever written (I'm Just Here for More Food)  I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to bake anything more than a Duncan Hines box cake (which are delicious but . . . )

Bibliophile

• Super Hero!
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2007, 05:00:06 PM »

Ooooh, he also has the BEST book on baking ever written (I'm Just Here for More Food)  I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to bake anything more than a Duncan Hines box cake (which are delicious but . . . )

O/T, I saw him when I was driving home from work last week.  I almost followed him to see if he was going somewhere for dinner  ;D  He was dressed pretty snazzy

“Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.” ~ Groucho Marx

Squeaks

• Super Hero!
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2007, 05:05:43 PM »

I actually have that one. I really like it.  Never looked at the gear one, it might have the directions for the gun, at anyrate i love pepper grinders, but i would kill for that thing.

O/T, I saw him when I was driving home from work last week.  I almost followed him to see if he was going somewhere for dinner  ;D  He was dressed pretty snazzy

I think i would have too.  In fact my guy would likely had as well in hopes of trying to cook with him lol  Can we call that a kitchen tip?  stalk AB when given the chance?

PS were any of you in the thread where i posted the REM video he was the director of photography on?  I just get such a kick out of that type of thing.

Bibliophile

• Super Hero!
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2007, 05:07:01 PM »
PS were any of you in the thread where i posted the REM video he was the director of photography on?  I just get such a kick out of that type of thing.

No, I missed that - but it makes sense since they're all in GA...

Squeaks

• Super Hero!
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2007, 05:13:02 PM »
No, I missed that - but it makes sense since they're all in GA...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UcrYLwl9GwE

It was the (this one goes out to) the one i love video.  and actually in his former life he was a cameraman/cinematographer etc  before he wanted to learn to cook.  Kinda an interesting change of careers if you ask me. 

Elle

« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2007, 05:13:30 PM »
Ooooh, I totally would have stalked him. I think he is soooooo cute. (Boyfriend actually looks a bit like him). And I can't resist snazzy dressers.  :-*

[/gush]

Squeaks

• Super Hero!
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2007, 05:18:06 PM »
I can't say my guy looks anything like him (actually my mother drunkenly called me one day saying she wants to my guy to Bobby Flay's restaurant and pass my guy off as his long lost random relative - so i guess she thinks he looks like Bobby Flay - maybe a little)  but my guy is oddly comforted by my attraction to AB since he is a nerd, and he likes that even my celebrity crush is a nerdy science geek :-)

Bibliophile

• Super Hero!
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2007, 05:19:42 PM »
I didn't like Bobby Flay's restaurant.  Very bland food, but the bread basket was tasty.  Next time I'm in NYC, I'll try Gordon Ramsey's restaurant....

Elle

« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2007, 05:24:41 PM »
There are days when I think Boyfriend could pass off as BA - AB's evil twin brother.
But yeah, there's just something about the science geeks . . .

As long as we're talking about cooks . . .
I don't like Bobby Flay, I just don't. I find him to be smarmy and that whole 'jumping on the cutting board' thing was tasteless. And I think his 'Throwdown' show is just rude and kind of mean

Emeril's got good food, but I hate his show.
Rachel Ray freaks me out. Seriously, that smile isn't normal and the term 'EVOO' really bugs me
I would maim someone if I could be in Batali's kitchen counter audience. Partially because I'd love to watch him cook in person, partially because I just want to hug him.

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2007, 05:26:31 PM »

I don't like Bobby Flay, I just don't. I find him to be smarmy and that whole 'jumping on the cutting board' thing was tasteless. And I think his 'Throwdown' show is just rude and kind of mean

Yeah, but he's kinda cute...

Bibliophile

• Super Hero!
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2007, 05:26:37 PM »
Bobby normally loses on Throwdown and I LOVE that  >:D

I can't watch Emerill or Rachel Ray.  I love to watch Mario Batali on Iron Chef, but not on his own show...

Elle

« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2007, 05:29:32 PM »

Yeah, but he's kinda cute...

Meh, too band geek. I prefer science geeks.  ;D

Squeaks

• Super Hero!
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2007, 05:31:31 PM »
Count me as another Batali fan.  Even my guy likes him and he spent 10 years cooking in  high end restaurants.

My guy hates Rachel Ray and Emeril - he sees Emeril as more of a smug entertainer than a cook and can not stand how the audience cheers for every thing the does.  He literally cringes when he sees Rachael Ray use a knife - my opinions are less strong than his, but generally i do not like them either.

I am not a fan of Bobby flay, he seems like to much of a jerk to me - he does appear to be a good cook so i have some respect for him, but i have little interst in him,  why my mother think my guy looks like him so much we could get free food i do not get really

The other one i enjoy on foodnetwork is George Duran actually. 

Squeaks

• Super Hero!
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2007, 05:32:17 PM »

Meh, too band geek. I prefer science geeks.  ;D

So ever watch Mythbusters then ;-)