News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• March 30, 2015, 03:20:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Men usually don't garden  (Read 6681 times)

Coralreef

Re: Men usually don't garden
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2015, 11:26:50 AM »

And I can do better (or worse) than that.

I managed to kill an artificial plant.   Mail-ordered a nice fern to  decorate the house.  When I got it, I followed the instructions, and put each frond in the styrofoam they provided, in a nice glass bowl, and set it out on the coffee table.  Over the next few days, it **withered**!!  It was not in the sun, or next to a heating vent.  I tried spraying water on it.  Nothing helped it.

So now I am know as the family member that killed an artificial plant.

On the other hand, I used to have a thriving herb garden, before I got too bad healthwise to keep it up.

I can do that too!  My mom was amazing with plants, outside and inside.  The green thumb skipped a generation because I'm completely useless with plants (animals thrive however) and my DD is very good with plants AND animals.   

[/right

It's good to be Queen

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2015, 11:30:26 AM »
My grandfather was the grower for a large greenhouse and had a beautiful garden at home.  He also started a men's garden club (through the greenhouse).

TeamBhakta

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2015, 10:38:56 AM »
My grandfather was the grower for a large greenhouse and had a beautiful garden at home.  He also started a men's garden club (through the greenhouse).

I remember Mr Wilson on Dennis The Menace belonging to a garden club. And that some of the judges for his competition plants were men 8)