Etiquette School is in session! > "What an interesting assumption."

I wished I had used the phrase today ...

(1/2) > >>

Harriet Jones:
Schools are closed today (teacher work day), so I had my kids with me today at the store.  Some guy came up and accused my kids of playing hooky.  ::)  Even if they were actually truant, it's none of his business.  I could even be homeschooling them.

Shortcake:
I hate it when the perfect response come to me when its too late!

DCGirl:

--- Quote from: Shortcake on October 08, 2007, 12:16:04 PM ---I hate it when the perfect response come to me when its too late!

--- End quote ---

The French have the expressision parole d'escalier -- words of the staircase -- meaning the witty retort that you think of as your leaving.  It's frustrating, isn't it?

Shortcake:

--- Quote from: DCGirl on October 10, 2007, 10:46:08 AM ---
--- Quote from: Shortcake on October 08, 2007, 12:16:04 PM ---I hate it when the perfect response come to me when its too late!

--- End quote ---

The French have the expressision parole d'escalier -- words of the staircase -- meaning the witty retort that you think of as your leaving.  It's frustrating, isn't it?

--- End quote ---

Yes it is frustrating! At least I know I am not the only one who does this.

Balletmom:

--- Quote from: DCGirl on October 10, 2007, 10:46:08 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

At least now I have an elegant phrase to describe what my kids call "Muhmering." It's me mouthing comebacks I thought of too late to actually use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version