Author Topic: Since it is in season...favorite squash?  (Read 1601 times)

cocacola35

Re: Since it is in season...favorite squash?
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2007, 11:48:00 AM »
Looking at all the squash at the store, I was pleased to see my favorite...spaghetti squash.

I slice it half, scoop out seeds and then roast till tender.  Using a fork, I scrape it into a bowl.

In a sauce pan, I place half stick of butter and cook on medium till browned.  Then I pour it over the squash with some freshly grated parmasean cheese.  Toss and serve.

That is my favorite and you do it just like I do, except I like to add salt and pepper as well.

I also love butternut squash soup.  It is perfect for fall and the cold days of winter.  I will have to post the recipie when I have time to dig through my cookbooks!

LiveLoveLearn

• The Girl Next Door
Re: Since it is in season...favorite squash?
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2007, 07:56:03 PM »
Here's my fav:

Roasted Chayote with garlic and roasted red pepper sauce

Cut Chayote in half, remove seed.  (They only have one.)  Place halves cut side up in roasting dish.
Brush with olive oil and whole, peeled garlic cloves, salt and pepper.  Cover dish and cook at 300 for 1 hour.  Meanwhile, combine small jar of roasted red peppers (drained and dried), sun dried tomatoes, dash of Tabasco and cup of sour cream in food processor, pureeing until smooth. 

Serve sauce drizzled or spooned over chayote.  Goes great with a good dark beer.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 03:06:09 PM by LiveLoveLearn »